Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 11:03 AM

5 posts, read 11,954 times

Advertisements

hello, i could use a little help. i plan on moving to the norfolk area some time in the near future. im a young guy starting a fresh career.

i was wondering in what area is the best place to live if im looking to meet other 20 somethings, and enjoy the night life. does anything compare to williamsburg brooklyn, or the lower east side of manhattan? im looking for (and i know this might soud crazy to some of you) cheap rent, girls, booze, rock and roll, tattoos, take out, scene, culture, sub-culture, kustom kulture, normals, weirdos, bicycles, art, good times, and occasionally church. can i find this, or is there no place like home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 12:14 PM

512 posts, read 1,564,779 times
Take I-58 West past the Franklin exit and turn left at the exit marked Tijuana. You should find it all there.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:17 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,842,785 times
Zar, there is truly no place like home. You can check out the strip (atlantic and pacific ave's) at the beach (in virginia beach), but it is really only active in the summer. From there, check out Ghent (colley ave) in Norfolk. You can also check out Shore Drive in Va. Beach and East Ocean View Ave in Ocean View.

Good Luck!!

shelly

Old 11-20-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgepl View Post
Take I-58 West past the Franklin exit and turn left at the exit marked Tijuana. You should find it all there.
that might be a little too large of a work commute george.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellytc View Post
Zar, there is truly no place like home. You can check out the strip (atlantic and pacific ave's) at the beach (in virginia beach), but it is really only active in the summer. From there, check out Ghent (colley ave) in Norfolk. You can also check out Shore Drive in Va. Beach and East Ocean View Ave in Ocean View.

Good Luck!!

shelly

thanks shelly,
ill look into it.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:37 AM

504 posts, read 1,579,477 times
Just remember last call is at 1:30 AM and you have to drive everywhere. You can try Granby Street in Downtown Norfolk.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2va76 View Post
Just remember last call is at 1:30 AM and you have to drive everywhere. You can try Granby Street in Downtown Norfolk.

1:30 last call and no taxis on every corner might take some getting used to. ive been hearing downtown norfolk is where i should look. thanks for the reply.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:09 PM

24 posts, read 60,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zar2d2 View Post
hello, i could use a little help. i plan on moving to the norfolk area some time in the near future. im a young guy starting a fresh career.

i was wondering in what area is the best place to live if im looking to meet other 20 somethings, and enjoy the night life. does anything compare to williamsburg brooklyn, or the lower east side of manhattan? im looking for (and i know this might soud crazy to some of you) cheap rent, girls, booze, rock and roll, tattoos, take out, scene, culture, sub-culture, kustom kulture, normals, weirdos, bicycles, art, good times, and occasionally church. can i find this, or is there no place like home?
Dude,
you really need to prioritize.
"cheap rent, girls, booze, rock and roll, tattoos, take out, scene, culture, sub-culture, kustom kulture, normals, weirdos, bicycles, art, good times" ohh, and the "occasionally church"

I got to tell ya, you might just have the wrong place in mind. the "lower east side of manhattan" just isn't here. I think you really might be disappointed if this is what you had expected Virginia to be. If your really set on this kind of environment and still want something south of NYC, you might try Baltimore, or maybe even DC (but that's a stretch)...but they won't be cheap. Being in your 20's and wanting "cheap rent and all your listed vices"; you mind as well head out west to Vegas or San Diego.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:37 AM
NJR

236 posts, read 1,031,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zar2d2 View Post

You are kidding me! The only way you will find what you are looking for here in Virginia, is if you watch it on TV.

My suggestion is stay in the city, come down here when you want to slow down. What they call city living here, we call Staten Island <lol>

Old 11-26-2008, 08:52 PM

290 posts, read 1,159,496 times
Why would you move from williamsburg BK or L.E.S. Manhattan? Thats where im trying to get lol..The area is so vibrant and live there, real hipster as well and no you wont find that here AT ALL..This is VA man, and there telling you look in DC/Baltimore , imma tell you your not gonna find it there either..

Why do you want to move to Norfolk anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area