Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2007, 02:46 PM

19 posts, read 71,255 times

Advertisements

I was suppose to be relocating to NC but every thing has change and now it is Hampton Va. I need all the information any one can tell me because I have only a few weeks tell I be relocating to the area. I have 3 children so crime and schools play a big part were I will be staying. My fiancee is in the flooring buisness and we need to know will it be hard for him to find a job in the Hampton Roads area in the flooring business. Right now we are looking to rent a in the hampton area to we are set to buy. So I need suggestions:
apartments= up to $900
crime
schools= 4 year old, 11 and 14
Thanks alot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 04:39 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
for $900 your best bet would be to find an apartment in hampton close to langley afb and york county on the north side. that area is the safest area of hampton. hampton is a city with an average crime rate which it may not seem like when you read other posts on the forum. the schools in hampton are decent for the most part but not blowing anyone away when it comes to SOL tests. Bethel HS is very competitive with YC high schools and is on the north side. YC schools are the best in the region but that district is a lil expensive and rural. i would go to HCPS site and find out what zone of attendance any apt you are considering falls in.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:42 AM

also kecoughtan HS has some good reviews from parents and has near 90% sol scores. most apts on todds ln actually end up with pretty good schools. Kraft ES, Davis MS, Bethel HS.

http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/parents/va/805/

Last edited by The Dissenter; 03-02-2007 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: misinfo

Old 03-02-2007, 06:53 PM

50 posts, read 213,254 times
Agree with Alanboy395, except for one thing. I've lived in York County for the last 25 years (near Langley AFB), and I can't think of much that's rural about it any more. Getting way too busy and crowded for my taste. Hampton is big and has a wide variety to choose from. Anyway, there are some nice apartment complexes on what is known as the Hampton Highway (Rt 134) as it heads away from Langley AFB into York County. Don't know what the rents are now, but it does get you into the great schools in York County.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:37 PM

VaVet is right. i used to live in yorkshire downs (right off 134) and frequented bethel manor. i knew that area was changing as soon as i moved to NoVA. You may wanna think about four seasons and dominion yorkshire downs apts both have yc schools. trade winds is nice too, hampton schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
View detailed profiles of: