U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 06:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,502 times

Advertisements

The postings on Prentiss Park, Portsmouth, VA are very interesting. My church is in the Prentiss Park neighborhood, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial United Methodist Church, Reason Chandler, Pastor, which is on the corner of Randolph and Elm in Portsmouth, VA. We thank God for this community because we have a community in which we can share our faith. We have many plans that will begin to make a great change in the Prentiss Park community. I pray that everyone will help us continue making positive changes in Prentiss Park community. Everyone is welcome to help us. Everyone is also invited to attend our church on Sunday mornings, and on Wednesdays from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm to attend our Bible Study and enjoy a meal with our community. On Sunday mornings during our Sunday school programs we have a program called Feeding all God's Children. This program feeds everyone attending Sunday school, children and adults because we are all God's Children. If someone drops by and needs a meal, we will also feed them. Our community children are very important to us. On the third Friday of each month from 7:00 pm until 9:00 pm, our church provides a safe place for the children and youth to come and have fun with children and youth in their age group. The parents are most definitely invited to come with their children to enjoy some quiet time and converse with other parents. We have an on going cookie sale. These are the largest cookies that are freshly made when ordered. I am personally inviting everyone to attend and participate in making changes in the Prentiss Park community. As programs a being developed, I will keep everyone informed. Be in prayer for our hard and difficult task of making changes in our community. HOT NEWs!!!!!! Something exciting has been planned for July 12, 2008. Prentiss Park will be very surprised. Everyone can participate. WILL SPILL THE NEWS VERY SOON.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 33 times
I've been robbed 4 times, car broke into 6 times, kid get beaten down at school, nothing but gang bangers after hours, I guess that's when they get out of bed, have to make their quota. My friend was stab in the back just going to the stop n go. if you don't mind raising your kids in a Gang drug infested neighborhood, then by all means buy a home in Pentise Park

Old Today, 04:24 AM

1,762 posts, read 2,059,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asutton0144 View Post
I am from Portsmouth, There is NO WAY that I would buy a house in an area that the drug dealers stand on the street corners from sun up to sun down!

The nieghborhood has gone down over the years, as a child it was a nice place. But in Portsmouth- Crack is KILLING the city. There are no jobs, training, afforable housing and a city management that is not putting the money back into the city.

The school system isn't that great either, so unless you just want to come back home then I would not move to Prentis Park. Try some other nieghborhoods - BUT NOT PRENTIS PARK !!

I'm also from Portsmouth and I agree with every single word above.

Simonsdale is a nice area (near City Park) and it's a working-class area. So is Westhaven, Grove Park, Oregon Acres, Kingman Heights and more. But Prentiss Park?

Holy cow. No way. No way at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or