Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 12:13 PM

68 posts, read 110,754 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I posted my question in the main Virginia-forum and someone gave me the advise to post it here in the Hampton Roads-subforum.

We, my husband, our 2 kids (6 years & almost 4 years), our 2 dogs and I will be moving (pcs'ing) to Ft. Story in the beginning of February.
Can someone tell me anything about the area? I know it is right by Virginia Beach.
How expensive is it there? How is traffic up there? Which area's should we avoid?
If everything goes well, we will be living on-post (depends how long we have to wait).
I already found out, that my oldest son will attend Dey Elementary Schoo. Is it a good school? He is doing Karate here in NC, is there any good Karate school around, with ok prices and not to far from Ft. Story?

Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 01:12 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,073 times
Fort Story IS in Virginia Beach. Here is a link to read up on and I'm sure someone will tell you how rotten the traffic is, but really, you are not far from NAB Little Creek Naval Base and if you are living on base, it just depends on what time of day. There are many places close by and you are not far from the ocean if you care to go to the boardwalk area.

Fort Story Home Page

http://www.ftstoryfamilyhousing.com/

Here is your info on Dey Elementary School:
John B. Dey Home Page

Martial Arts school

Virginia Beach Karate and Martial Arts - King Tiger Martial Arts

Virginia Beach VA Martial Arts Training Virginia Beach Tae Kwon Do Aikido Classes

Old 01-01-2009, 01:44 PM

Thank you. I already went to the Ft. Story and the Housing-Websites.

Can you tell me if there is any good Lodging near by that allow pets? Cause we don't know yet, if our home will be available as soon as we get there.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:47 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,073 times
DogFriendly.com's City Guide: Virginia Beach Area, Virginia

Sheraton Hotel at the Ocean Front is about the closest one I see to Ft Story.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the Link. Going to check it out later, when I get a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area