U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 10:39 AM

27 posts, read 69,221 times

Advertisements

Anyone hear of this? During our relocation trip, we were told there is going to be a new wine bar built at High Street area in Williamsburg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 04:34 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,342,824 times
Not that I had heard of. I will ask around. The Movie Theater will be serving beer and wine..( yes I know that doesn't equate to a wine bar) In a check of ABC licenses pending none are noted for High Street.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,033 times
My husband and I have been considering the idea of opening a wine bar in Williamsburg, but were unsure abouit the kind of response we would get, do you think it would be something people from this area would enjoy?

Old 02-17-2009, 03:23 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,342,824 times
Well ,we would enjoy it but personally I wouldn't open a food/ alcohol business in this economic climate but that's my opinion. I saw a report somewhere that there are over 500 food establishments in Williamsburg, James City, York County ? Quite a few are compalining about lack of business. I am certain we will see more close down. There are 20+ places to eat just in New Town which is where I would locate if I were opening up..Maybe in 12 months after things settle a little bit. Have you talked to many local business owners about recent sales trends ? Is it allowed with current ABC laws ?
Just my 2 cents !

Old 02-18-2009, 05:55 AM

27 posts, read 69,221 times
I would love to see a wine bar in Williamsburg. My wife and I are regulars at a wine bar here in Columbus, OH and are sad we won't see anything similar as of yet.

http://www.thewinerywineshop.com/

The site above is their web site. BTW, living in a manufacturing city (Columbus) during a slow economic time, they seem to be doing very well.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,545 times
I am the owner of the wine bar which was the subject of this thread. The wine bar is called Terra Coffee & Wine. Our restaurant has been in development since Spring 2008. All of our hard work has finally paid off. We will be opening the first week in April 2010 in Williamsburg, Va. We are located at 1430 High Street, Suite 803.

We hope to see all of you at Terra.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:35 AM

61 posts, read 145,095 times
Great! Looking forward to your grand opening!

FYI, Squires is also a great wine shop, locally owned, but it is on the other side of town.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:20 PM

13 posts, read 32,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLBLAW View Post
I am the owner of the wine bar which was the subject of this thread. The wine bar is called Terra Coffee & Wine. Our restaurant has been in development since Spring 2008. All of our hard work has finally paid off. We will be opening the first week in April 2010 in Williamsburg, Va. We are located at 1430 High Street, Suite 803.

We hope to see all of you at Terra.
I'm so excited to hear about your place. We are also in the process of relocating to the area and sounds just like our kind of place. I've worked in the restaurant business for the last 25 years and love anything different! We'll be down there the third week in April to check out some houses. We'll have to check out your new spot. Good Luck!!!

Karen

Old 03-12-2010, 04:04 AM

2 posts, read 4,545 times
Thanks myjulylily and Soonipilady. We look forward to seeing you there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area