Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2007, 08:16 AM

98 posts, read 784,306 times

Advertisements

We plan to send our child to one of the Catholic Schools in VB, starting in the fall with Pre-K. Anyone have experience-good or bad with any of them??

Specifically, we are looking at St. Matthew, St. Gregory, St. John.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 10:37 PM

20 posts, read 67,770 times
Do you want them to get a "real" Catholic education or just to say they go to Catholic school?
For the first I would recommend homeschooling. For the second, any of the above will do.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:16 PM

2 posts, read 7,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stltova View Post
We plan to send our child to one of the Catholic Schools in VB, starting in the fall with Pre-K. Anyone have experience-good or bad with any of them??

Specifically, we are looking at St. Matthew, St. Gregory, St. John.

Thanks!
My daughter has gone to St Matthews for Kindergarten and is completing 1st grade. SMS is a wonderful school; the teachers are great and very caring. I would highly recommend it. The educational program is first rate for all grades. I've made good friends there, as has my daughter. I wish we could stay, but we're moving out of the area this summer.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:23 PM

93 posts, read 391,424 times
Yes! I am a former teacher and have taught at Catholic High School. We have done numerous activities/events with all of the catholic elementary schools--St. Matthews and St. Gregory's are wonderful. Kudos to Star of the Sea as well.

Old 05-05-2007, 08:23 PM

Thank you!! I appreciate the two positive responses (and will ignore the response by the person who suggested I home school my child........).

Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 PM

260 posts, read 1,191,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stltova View Post
Thank you!! I appreciate the two positive responses (and will ignore the response by the person who suggested I home school my child........).
Why ignore any advice there only giving you there opinion, which you did ask for in the 1st place??
You can also go on-line and check out the School stats, sol's etc.
Good luck

Old 05-07-2007, 02:43 PM

Well, I asked if they had actual experience. They didn't write that they did- but then suggested I home school and their opinion was that none of the schools provided a "Catholic" education".

I welcome all feedback, if the feedback pertains to the question. Too often someone jumps in without really reading the question. I felt this person also attacked Catholic schools without saying why- so I can only guess that it was pure opinion, not based on experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
View detailed profiles of: