Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 09:53 AM

5 posts, read 13,726 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me their opinion on Hill Point Farms, Riverwood, Burbage Grant,Harbour View, Brewers Meadow??I see homes for rent online, but how are these subdivisions, what about Kingsfork High, Nansemond River High??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 06:19 PM

106 posts, read 383,967 times
There is a house in Woodlake North for rent, near mine, which is for sale (I am moving to NOVA). I teach at King's Fork, it is the newest school, and the largest about 1500 students. It's more towards Central Suffolk, about 1 1/2 miles from NR High School. All of the schools are very diverse, and it looks like they will all be accredited this year. KF is the home of the IB program, and it looks like NR will be home of the pre-engineering program that is supposed to start up in 2010-11 if they secure the funding.
Hill point Farms is very close to KF, near Obici Hospital. Nice neighborhood, good golf course near there, but the rents are kind of high.
Burbage grant is a very dense neighborhood with several thousand houses packed next to each other. Traffic will be an issue as it is in extreme Northern Suffolk and I-664 can be a bear at ruch hour. It is not very close to NR, where it is zoned.
Harbor view is another golf course community and it is near Burbage Grant, so you have the same traffic issues. Getting around Suffolk is no problem, but again, I-664. It's very close to Wal-Mart, Kohl's Office Depot, etc. There is also a very nice movie theater nearby.
Riverwood is also zoned for KF.
All the neighborhoods you describe are diverse, but fairly quiet, with lots of school age kids.
Most of the "issues' in Suffolk come from the downtown area where you have the usual urban problems with crime.
I have lived in Suffolk for 7 years, Woodlake, and in Suffolk Meadows, and have had great neighbors and no issues at all.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:12 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,332,982 times
The area frogbiscuit mentions is also a good area. The 'only' downside, is that it takes a little more effort to get to the highway, mall etc. Personally, I NEED a grocery store less than 5 min from my house . Overall, I think 664 is a gem compared to the other highways in Hampton Roads. Sure there can be traffic, but I travel that way every day to and from work in Chesapeake and rarely find the horrible traffic reported in other areas. Also the Monitor Merrimac is the best tunnel in the area as far as traffic goes - just remember there can be tunnel breakdowns in any tunnel at any time to cause delay's. The tunnel police here do try very hard to quickly remove any problems.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:04 PM

106 posts, read 383,967 times
I don't think there's anywhere in Suffolk where you are more than 5 minutes away from a Food Lion unless you live in Whaleyville, extreme Southern Suffolk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area