U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 08:43 AM

486 posts, read 1,738,569 times

Advertisements

Murders, robberies, rapes, you name it. There is a website that you can use to look up police reports by address, but I don't have it saved. Maybe someone else can help out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 09:00 AM

134 posts, read 480,017 times
It's not nearly as bad as it used to be, lots of new development and people in that area. The far east end is really nice now.

You can put an address in on this site and see a map of crime:
CRIMES: Search your city | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Old 10-20-2009, 10:22 AM

1,477 posts, read 4,760,104 times
It's still pretty bad, not as bad as it once was but still way more crime then what you would experience in other surrounding cities....Like I have said in the past......if the city has to put up camera's in the neighborhood in an attempt to detour crime....I don't know about you but I don't want to live there

Old 02-13-2010, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 845 times
Rasberri, I am relocating to the Virginia Beach area and would like to know what other places you found that are student friendly? I also looked into the apartments along the coast and although I put in an application I would prefer somewhere else just in case.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 PM

10 posts, read 39,737 times
the city has once again neglected a Vital resource of tax revenues and business potential, I remember as time a child OV was booming and it was a great place to spend your summer and warm days, but those days have passed and long gone. , instead of attractng tourism , and resturants and little bikini shops Everyone with wealth wanted to own OV for themselfs, Well I quess those who thought they owned the beach and views will have to pay for its issues on thier own, Norfolk has many residents and nieghborhoods with needs, it isnt fair the city should dump millions in a area and neglect sewers schools and the rest of the city, they did for awhile and people got angry, with good reason the plan for OV was million dollor homes and the working and middle class was ousted , now its the million dollor homes v/s the hood. There is nothing in OV and the city can,t dump all its resources there, it didnt work out as planned, because some were greedy and invisioned an Island forgetting OV is in Norfolk a very large city with complex problems and lots of needs. The city planning and its big ideas were with good intention but they neglected it resources and its citizens for a few, take care of what you already have, the only hope for OV is attractions and tourism and citizen friendly enviroments with lots of police enforcement like VB on horses bikes and foot and aplan for Middle income families to spend there money there invest there, right now the bad out ways the good and it is a bad place to live. I bought in chesapeake with safe and great nieghborhoods and schools, Its all about family here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area