Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 09:12 AM

1,477 posts, read 6,015,309 times

Advertisements

They were actually going to move their hearquarters to Seattle but back out and decided to stay here.....I dont see them here for more than another 10 years max......Once they further branch out west and dont think it will be long before they move everyone out there.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 02:00 PM

63 posts, read 184,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugtales View Post
I would like to know if Norfolk is a safe place to live in,and is it affordable? They dont really pay much,im relocating from Las Vegas,how does the cost of living compare?
Hey! I worked for PETA in Norfolk in 2007 and 2008... small world.

Anyway, Norfolk is so so as far as safety. Ghent is one of the nicer places to live which is right around the corner from the PETA office on Front Street and last year a colleague who works there was telling me that he went out at around 10pm to go to the store and was held up at gunpoint. My advice: live on the 2nd floor or higher if you can help it and don't go strolling the streets at night after 9pm.

As for cost of living... if you look hard enough, you can find decent rent with a roommate. Take you time, go on peta's message boards, tell them you're moving out here for a job with them and see if there is anyone who will rent a room or half their apartment/house to you. They are a very tight knit community so I'm sure if you ask them they will be able to find something for you! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area