U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 AM

3,508 posts, read 8,200,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Just left Hampton roads after 3 years of floods, roaches, damaged tires from huge potholes, horrible traffic, mold in all places I lived in and wayyyy to high rent prices. I hope I never have to go back there EVER. Now live in CA and the real estate prices are the same and here it makes sense to pay so much.

If you do not like the military, avoid Hampton Roads.

It has beautiful hidden beaches though which are often empty even in the summers because people are too lazy to find them and rather eat another burger.
But you came back to the Hampton Roads forum?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 04:02 PM

5,517 posts, read 5,075,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
But you came back to the Hampton Roads forum?

Hey, I will still be bashing Hampton Roads long after I escape. So I can see why theyd do this.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Hey, I will still be bashing Hampton Roads long after I escape. So I can see why theyd do this.
Why revisit a place you hate? If you/when you get out of your hell, why go back?

Old 03-02-2010, 11:07 AM

434 posts, read 443,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Why revisit a place you hate? If you/when you get out of your hell, why go back?
Because they're like scorned, bitter ex-lovers. They actually love the area but are disappointed and hurt with the way things went/are going and cant let go.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
Because they're like scorned, bitter ex-lovers. They actually love the area but are disappointed and hurt with the way things went/are going and cant let go.
That's a real bummer...

Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 AM

5,517 posts, read 5,075,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
Haha, no. Just dont want other people coming here blind. Concern for my fellow man.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:36 AM

434 posts, read 443,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Haha, no. Just dont want other people coming here blind. Concern for my fellow man.
.. LOL...... thats what a scorned, bitter ex-lover would say. "Dont date him/her, he/she's a jerk. The worst ever!".....Move on Already!

Just Jokin' wit ya

Old 03-03-2010, 08:39 AM

233 posts, read 372,071 times
Wow, so I guess I'll be moving elsewhere in Virginia after reading this thread. Thanks for all the honest opinions, people. I've checked many threads and found some consistent issues that validate my decision.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:51 PM

23 posts, read 24,904 times
Coconut about said it for me. This is a suburban area thinking of itself as a metro area. It so is not. It's not city here, and it's not country either. Suburbia about says it.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:45 PM

7 posts, read 10,007 times
Life in Hampton Roads is peaceful and relatively crime - free. For the most part you'l be just fine if you have basic common sense. It's also a great place to raise kids.

To the person who said they now live in California, aren't they dealing with tons of their own problems? I'd much rather live here in peaceful Hampton Roads leading a simple, normal life than to be in California evading MS-13, bloods, crips, carjackers, wildfires & earthquakes. Not to mention the fact they have one of the largest economies in the entire world but are going broke.

I think most of the negative comments about Hampton Roads come from people who have relocated from big city type areas. People who have grown up in the big cities typically don't like moving to a slow, country type area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area