U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Soft Serve Sucks The Least
Dairy Queen 7 77.78%
McDonald's 1 11.11%
Monty Penguin (NN) 0 0%
Mister Softy (truck) 1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 06:17 PM

17 posts, read 45,088 times

Advertisements

Well, I give up. Can anyone tell me where to buy good soft serve ice cream? When I was younger there were frozen yogurt stands on every corner and they all had better soft serve than I can find anywhere now. Dairy Queen has to cover the taste of theirs up with candy or it's inedible. Truly tasteless texture-less crap. Sometimes (rarely) you can find a McDonald's that has excellent cones but it never lasts, you go back one day and it has turned to tasteless light airy crap, never to return. I've driven 6 miles or more to a particular McDonald's hoping that theirs never changes but it always does.
So, can anyone give me suggestions? Pretty please. It's a small pleasure I truly miss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 06:24 PM

486 posts, read 1,736,516 times
Sonic is pretty decent.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrichmond View Post
Sonic is pretty decent.
Thanks for your suggestion. It's true that they suck less but that's about it IMHO.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:59 PM

3,849 posts, read 7,588,679 times
I've always found Busch Gardens to have very tasty ice cream, but that could be a bit of a hike and very expensive cone every time you go if you're not a season pass holder

Old 06-05-2010, 08:53 PM

486 posts, read 1,736,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn420 View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. It's true that they suck less but that's about it IMHO.
I agree. That's why I said decent, not good. I just polished off a cone from Brusters. Not soft serve, but very good. Just noticed my favorite number in your name.. Holla!

Old 06-05-2010, 09:16 PM

92 posts, read 257,628 times
Brusters is the best ice cream in the area, no doubt...but not soft serve!

We have 2 ice cream trucks here in my neighborhood and one has decent soft serve. Its a blue van, but I never noticed the name...the other is a Blue Bunny which is just overpriced, freezer burned CRAP!

When I was growing up we had the Mr. Softee truck come by 2x a day! We lived on the 5th floor, and when we hard the truck coming about 2 blocks away, my Mom would wrap up enough change in a page she ripped out of the yellow pages and throw it down to me! rotflmao! She LOVED the butterscotch sundae! The change always made it down when it was wrapped in that paper, but sometimes I had to look for it in the bushes!!

Things we remember from 40 yrs ago, huh?

Old 06-05-2010, 09:48 PM

179 posts, read 411,430 times
Jason's Deli had good soft serve, and it's free when you eat there!

Old 06-06-2010, 08:31 AM

3,508 posts, read 11,910,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marnay View Post
Jason's Deli had good soft serve, and it's free when you eat there!
Not a soft serve fanatic, but Jason's does have good stuff all around. I prefer Edy's churned vanilla yogurt from the grocery. It's there when I need it and much cheaper.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:18 AM

69 posts, read 200,667 times
Bravo's Frozen Custard on Rosemont Rd. It's custard, which is different than regular ice cream. It's amazing.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:26 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I'll probably be around Rosemont Rd tomorrow (I live in Hampton but I'm taking a day off of work for motorcycle riding and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful one) and I'll give Bravo's a try--I'll eventually get around to trying all suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area