Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 06:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,892 times

Advertisements

I am from Utah (West Jordan area) -- relocated to MD in May of 2013. I work in Hunt Valley / Sparks area. Look in Timonium - Lutherville, Cockeysville area. East Coast is expensive but these areas are nice and convenient. I rent a two bedroom townhouse for $889 -- no W/D hookups in the bldg. Most rental units don't come with W/D. Laundrymat is huge here in MD, unfortunately. If you are looking into purchasing a home, I would suggest talking to a Realtor. Hope this helps!!!

Good Luck & God Bless ~~~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 01:49 PM

17 posts, read 40,684 times
Iam in a similar situation. Relocating for a job in dowtown Baltimore (I currently live in Arizona) I was wondering how the commute would be from New Freedom, Shrewsbury, Stewartstown and Glen Rock? It looks like it isn't so bad to Hunt Valley, but my commute would be a little further and probably a lot more traffic. My job is going to be somewhat flexible so I can probably get to the office between 7-10 am everyday. I know that would probably help with traffic a little bit.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:54 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,943,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdparmel View Post
Iam in a similar situation. Relocating for a job in dowtown Baltimore (I currently live in Arizona) I was wondering how the commute would be from New Freedom, Shrewsbury, Stewartstown and Glen Rock? It looks like it isn't so bad to Hunt Valley, but my commute would be a little further and probably a lot more traffic. My job is going to be somewhat flexible so I can probably get to the office between 7-10 am everyday. I know that would probably help with traffic a little bit.
Your commute would definitely be an hour on a good day, off time. You might consider driving to the light rail and taking public transit into B-more (saving on parking and wear/tear on your car). You could at least read, work on computer, check e-mail or decompress if you had a light rail train ride.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:52 PM

52 posts, read 109,574 times
I would highly advise against commuting from PA into MD. There are a ton of people doing this because PA is much cheaper. The traffic is going to kill you. That commute is going to get old very quickly. You have to ask yourself how much is your time and sanity worth.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:15 PM

54 posts, read 109,412 times
I do it everyday and so does my wife. We are right off the Glen Rock exit and I work in Lutherville. It takes me 40 minutes each way but I leave at 5 in the am and get off at 3pm. Never a problem unless theres an accident.It is better to travel 40 minutes moving the whole time then living closer but in stop and go for that same amount of time. So happy I moved from Md. to PA

Old 03-26-2017, 09:48 AM

60 posts, read 52,569 times
Anyone on this thread interested in a carpool? Leaving around 6-6:30. Arriving back before 5. Please message me

Old 03-26-2017, 11:12 AM

325 posts, read 368,701 times
What if I have a flatulence problem?

Old 06-10-2017, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 713 times
I would appreciate any updates on what the commute is like from York, PA to Towson, MD. How early do you have to leave to avoid stop and go traffic?

Old 06-13-2017, 03:53 PM

60 posts, read 52,569 times
We just moved to northeast exit 28 and still commute to Baltimore. I get to work at 7 and it has been okay I also leave Baltimore by 3:30. It's definitely best to leave by 7 because traffic piles up in the Parkton/Hereford area. It gets better after u leave that area though. Baltimore near cockeyesville gets busy starting around 7:15am.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:00 PM

25 posts, read 51,600 times
I did it for awhile (Shrewsbury exit to Towson) and it's best to leave before 6:30. Even then, still traffic-y and going home is the same, traffic by 3:30. For the past 10+ years my commute takes me to the Harrisburg area and although it's more miles it's relatively traffic-jam free and all highway. Much less stress if you can tolerate the miles on the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area