Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 06:37 PM

4 posts, read 9,128 times

Advertisements

When are you moving.... not sure, maybe toward the beginning of the year.

Where are you coming from......., comming from western NY

Why are you moving....to be closer to a close family member.

Have you been here yet....been visiting by colonial park mall, we have not really been to much further than that. just drove through, not much stopping.

Will you buy or rent......rent.

If renting, are you looking for an apartment, a townhouse or loft? How much can you spend......looking for a apartment or house to rent, with-in ranges of 400- 600 a month, 2+ bedrooms yard, own parking, private.

Are you married or single? married

Do you want or need a yard... would perfer county setting.. not to many neighbors but don't want to be to far away from colonial park area. Perfer privacy...and not having people above or below or beside us.

Are you keeping a car....yes
Do you prefer bustling activity or calm and quiet...calm and quiet.

What do you want to be closest to....grocery store, shops etc...
Work
Shopping
Basic services (supermarket, drugstore, etc.)

Do you want to live with people of a similar age, race, religion or sexual preference or do you prefer a diverse neighborhood... no prefrence...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 02:34 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,778,884 times
Rent's usually a bit higher than that in Harrisburg area especially with a yard, off-street parking, and 2 br. That budget might not support a true country setting unless you are way out of town, like Halifax or Pine Grove. Lot sizes tend to be smaller than in western and central NY - there is no way the no-overnight-parking laws common in NY villages and cities would work around Harrisburg. Linglestown, Lawnton, Rutherford, maybe Penbrook might be worth looking into for places that might not be too noisy and might have off street parking for not within but maybe closer to that budget than elsewhere.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:50 AM

Thank-you very much for the information kiOeh. We will check those areas out.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:15 PM

209 posts, read 606,844 times
Halifax is pretty far out there if the OP wants to be close to Colonial Park.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:30 PM

15 posts, read 21,555 times
How about the school system here?

Old 10-24-2011, 06:01 AM

as long as I am at least an hour from colonial park area I am fine, if it means that we will have spacious, calm and quiet, and not so many neighbors than so be it. The more I am researching the more I am finding out this way there is pretty much just aparment complexes and town homes. I am really just looking to rent from a landlord on a private lot, not be in an apartment building with neighbors above or below me. Been there done that and just don't like it. Does anyone have an idea where to look for private landlords that are renting out houses or apartment? All I see is aprtmentfinder.com, pennlive, forrent.com, mynewplace.com, isn't there any other place to look that people post classifieds for places to rent? We here have what is called a Pennysaver and people post ads and there is just a spot for renters to look at ads? it just seems like there is no paper that has this.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:46 AM

4,277 posts, read 11,778,884 times
Kapp Advertising - Merchandiser - Lebanon, Hanover, Reading is a free weekly newspaper with several editions.

Home | news.thesunontheweb.com | The Sun and Press and Journal and the Paxton Herald HOME are paid circulation weekly newspapers in the area. Further out but within an hour are http://www.sentinelnow.com/ and (this a daily) http://www.cumberlink.com/ might also be worth checking out.

But as I indicated before there simply is a different housing type mix in this area compared to western and central NY especially in your target area and price point.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:07 PM

Thank you very again! Anything that will give me any more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area