U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-30-2012, 09:27 AM

7 posts, read 5,349 times

Advertisements

Is PA one of those states where I have now lost the commission for my realtor?

I cannot believe I did not research this better. But I also cannot believe that in most places my realtor loses the commission just because of one tiny mistake by me... that is why *she* is the professional! It is entirely my fault... I stopped by on a whim as I was driving by. And now I think we want to build there

Thanks for any input as to how much damage I did to her!

BTW, I did *not* sign any paperwork or "sign in". But I *did* leave the development rep with my email address and maybe (I am not sure) my phone number, and she put this into her computer in order to spit out some floor plans, etc.

Thanks,
Barbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 10:55 AM

2,538 posts, read 1,993,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleoBarbie View Post

I cannot believe I did not research this better. But I also cannot believe that in most places my realtor loses the commission just because of one tiny mistake by me... that is why *she* is the professional! It is entirely my fault... I stopped by on a whim as I was driving by. And now I think we want to build there

BTW, I did *not* sign any paperwork or "sign in". But I *did* leave the development rep with my email address and maybe (I am not sure) my phone number, and she put this into her computer in order to spit out some floor plans, etc.

Thanks,
Barbie
I did the same thing a few years ago. You're almost certainly correct. The realtor's commission is gone. I'm not sure it is a big deal anyway, as not all builders will deal with realtors. They usually do so out of the goodness of their heart, as there is nothing really to compel them to do so unless it is housing plan that is being sold by a realtor. If it is a trac builder like Ryan then the lots are not listed on the MLS and are not for sale on the open market.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:41 AM

It is a "custom" home builder, but they are the only ones building in this development. I looked on their website and here is what it says for Realtors:

There are 2 simple ways you can earn a cooperative commission when selling a Keystone Custom Home.
  1. Bring your clients into any model home and register them with our community sales manager.
  2. Call the community sales manager prior to your clients visiting and register them through the sales manager.
One of these two options must be completed prior to a buyer signing a purchase agreement. You as a licensed real estate agent must be present at the Agreement Signing.

I can still fulfill #1 with my Realtor! We have not registered with the community sales manager. Unless me giving them my email address counts as "registering" (I do not think so, that would not pass muster, I do not think).

What do you think?

Thanks again!

Old 04-01-2012, 10:21 AM

179 posts, read 263,540 times
Why not ask your realtor if they would get cut out? I'm sure they know some tricks to figure out a way to get paid somehow for doing nothing. (only being half facetious here)

Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 AM

8,394 posts, read 7,551,919 times
Quote:

Thanks,
Barbie
Why the angst? If your realtor didn't suggest or show you the place you decide on, why are they entitled to a commission?? If you are just feeling obligated, pass out her cards, send a thank you. Why all the worry??

Old 04-01-2012, 10:33 AM

19,613 posts, read 11,780,486 times
What is the big deal, you stopped by and decided you wanted to build. Apparantly the realtor did not suggest this area already so it isn't like you are actually taking money away from them.

Personally I would not use a realtor anyway I prefer not to have a middle person when I purchase anything.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:45 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,018,329 times
Quote:
I can still fulfill #1 with my Realtor! We have not registered with the community sales manager. Unless me giving them my email address counts as "registering" (I do not think so, that would not pass muster, I do not think).
If your realtor didn't show you this place, than he or she didn't do his or her job. Thus, they aren't entitled to a commission.

A commission is a reward for finding you a perfect place. It is not an automatic entitlement.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:11 PM

Thanks all! You are right about the "angst" Why have it?

My realtor, sweet as she is, had NOTHING to do with me finding this place, not a thing. So I guess I will no longer worry about it.

Thanks for your responses,
Barbie

Old 04-01-2012, 03:27 PM

1,033 posts, read 761,477 times
make a new email address, get a voip number on your phone (viber,whistle) problems solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area