Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 01:57 AM

3 posts, read 2,090 times

Advertisements

Over the time since my move in I have multiple issues with my apartment.

1. A lot of fixes were verbally promised to me before move in that never happened (My fault for not getting it in writing)

2. I don't have all the keys for my apartment. I have 2 locks on my front door, a regular lock and a deadbolt and I have never received the deadbolt key. Even after months of multiple verbal and written requests.

3. Maintenance is non existent. I was without hot water for 5 days in September. But as soon as they got a higher bill the sent a plumber that day without notice, stating an emergency.

Now I have given my notice to move as soon as my lease is up and they are showing prospective people through the apartment. Not concerned about that at all but it is written in the lease that I require 24 hours notice and I received 23 hours notice, now it is a petty thing but I am sick of there ways.

Also I am nigh on convinced they don't have a key for the deadbolt (otherwise why wouldn't they give me copy?). I will be home during the scheduled showing time but probably asleep. Am I within my rights to not answer the door if the landlord can't enter due to not having the key?

Is there any actions I can take against my landlord, or more specifically the Managment company?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 07:04 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,834,201 times
With proper notice, you are required to allow the landlord to enter. If you lock him out, he is within his legal rights to call a locksmith and bill you for the service.

What type of "action" are you talking about?

Old 12-03-2015, 02:44 PM

3 posts, read 2,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
With proper notice, you are required to allow the landlord to enter. If you lock him out, he is within his legal rights to call a locksmith and bill you for the service.

What type of "action" are you talking about?
They are not locks I put on the house though. Shouldn't they have keys to all locks? Shouldn't I have keys also?

I am thinking about going to the local borough or something to see if it is okay to withhold keys. Also as I mentioned they didn't give proper notice as per our lease agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area