Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 08:15 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,592,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Black Professional View Post
Hey I may get a job offer in the Hershey area in the coming weeks, and I've pretty much ruled out Harrisburg as a potential place to live after browsing this forum and looking at the city data. I don't mind a long commute because I know I can't tolerate the rural setting of Hershey.
So with Harrisburg out of the question, what are my options? I need an area with a lot of potential for socializing with professionals my age (25ish) and a vibrant night-life. So either an urban area like that or one of its sub-urbans. I'm not seeing any area nearby with that potential, please enlighten me if I'm wrong.
Thanks!

YBP - don't rule out Hbg. or Hershey just because you think it's rural. There are many areas nearby that aren't dangerous or boring. Hershey is not rural; it is more affluent exurban than anything. It might be a little slow for a young person, but there are many intelligent professional people there. As for vibrant nightlife, you aren't going to get that anywhere but Philadelphia, Baltimore, or NYC. Nothing in Central PA fits that bill. But your quality of life can still be awesome nevertheless. In this economy you have no business turning down a job offer........

-- Former Young Black Professional
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area