Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2007, 11:38 AM

1,099 posts, read 4,620,219 times

Advertisements

Harrisburg wins spot on ‘Top 100 Places to Live’ list
Relocate America, which maintains a directory of more than 6,000 community profiles, announced its annual Top 100 Places to Live list for 2007 today, and Harrisburg earned a spot on the list.

The description at www.relocate-america.com described the area this way: “The Capital Region combines the best of two worlds … the amenities of a metropolitan area with the ease of small-town life.”

Harrisburg Mayor Stephen Reed said the listing shows the city is headed in the right direction.

“No place in America that has an urban center in decline is going to make that list,” Reed said. “What’s happening in Harrisburg is now getting some national recognition.”

Relocate America’s editorial team accepts nominations throughout the year, then builds the list based on factors including education, employment, economy, crime, parks, recreation and housing. Asheville, N.C., ranked first on the list, followed by Traverse City, Mich.; Ithaca, N.Y.; and Chicago. Only the top 10 were ranked; the rest are listed alphabetically by state.

Relocate America is owned by HomeRoute, a provider of online real estate information for relocating consumers. - Dan Fink Central Penn Business Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 12:01 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
This is absolutely wonderful news! I'm an avid supporter of reinvesting in Pennsylvania's struggling former Rust Belt cities, and to see two of them make the list (Harrisburg and Pittsburgh), along with the often-favored State College makes me bustle inside with pride! I think in the upcoming years we'll see Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and the Lehigh Valley areas added to this ranking as well as the quality-of-life in both metros continues to drastically improve with the influx of New Yorkers. Harrisburgers have much to be proud of, and this ranking proves that! Way to go!

Old 04-20-2007, 03:54 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,894 times
Nice!!!

Stephen Reed has been Mayor there for.....what? About 684 years? I'm really glad to see the positive attention.

The Riverwalk Art Festival is very nice.

My grandfather use to take us up to eat at Van's Restaurant in Enola on Sundays. Then we'd go smell the flowers at Italian Lake Park. Lots of pictures of a frilly-dressed, little girl on that Japanese bridge.

I hope it's still there.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:47 PM

222 posts, read 1,411,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Stephen Reed has been Mayor there for.....what? About 684 years?
Hahahaha good, i just spent all afternoon at city island, it is very nice. the river was up and flowing and there were a few pwoplw out already. it was about 73 today, and they had a mid penn pirhanahs game that afternoon too. the city has really cleaned up a lot, especially midtown area.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:19 AM

1,099 posts, read 4,620,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openless View Post
Hahahaha good, i just spent all afternoon at city island, it is very nice. the river was up and flowing and there were a few pwoplw out already. it was about 73 today, and they had a mid penn pirhanahs game that afternoon too. the city has really cleaned up a lot, especially midtown area.

Funny you mention City Island, I think everybody I know was there at least once this weekend. I went out to lunch at Zephyr Express on North street Friday, then walked around downtown and over to City Island. Such a great weekend and lots of people out and about!

Old 04-26-2007, 10:16 AM

8 posts, read 39,647 times
Hi guys! The great weather was because we were up from Fla. for the job interview! Glad we could help! ;-) (We left on Sat. evening).

What is the weather like up there now? Not that is matters, we are excited to go to Harrisburg area! We really like it here, so will be hard to leave, but are also looking forward the "next adventure" in the great Keystone State!

Old 06-29-2007, 07:19 AM

99 posts, read 466,941 times
northern Hbg toward Hershey - fantastic area!!
downtown Hbg - has much to offer yuppies and the younger crowds and the waterfront row homes are gorgeous
inner city hbg - forget it - wouldn't recommend anyone living there

Old 06-29-2007, 08:24 AM

641 posts, read 2,370,732 times
Riiiiiight.....I think they randomnly start picking out cities. Harrisburg is the worst place I did lived in. Scanton isn't far behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area