Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 08:50 PM

65 posts, read 212,441 times

Advertisements

Hi.
Can someone give me an idea of how much I would need to pay to rent an unfurnished 2 bedroom duplex, or apartment with small yard in a decent neighborhood? Which area would be least expensive to do this and still considered a safe area?
Thanks alot.
Adreana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 09:14 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,474,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adreana View Post
Hi.
Can someone give me an idea of how much I would need to pay to rent an unfurnished 2 bedroom duplex, or apartment with small yard in a decent neighborhood? Which area would be least expensive to do this and still considered a safe area?
Thanks alot.
Adreana
No one can answer the question since you didn't specify which island you would be living on and whether or not you have a job, need a job, already have a job or live off a trust fund.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:18 PM

mdand3boys,
I am including all areas. My question was which area would be least expensive? I am asking a question about cost. Why would you need to know my job situation? I am not asking you if I should rent something, I am asking about the cost of rentals.
Adreana

Old 03-08-2011, 09:40 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,361,724 times
Most condos or apartments do not have yards, but some ground floor units do have what we call a " garden lanai ". Kona Coffee Villas, just south of Kailua Kona does have nice little yards to their ground floor condos.

In Kailua Kona, you have Alii Lani, Kona Sea Ridge, Alii Cove, Kona Sea Villas, Alii Park Place,(some of the newer projects) and those prices for a 2/2 unfurnished would be in the range of $900 to $1400. I have tried to arrange those names in order of lowest to highest rent. The rent does not include electric, cable or internet service but would include water, trash and mailboxes. Most have 2 parking places, and KSV, Alii Cove, APP have garages (VERY popular).

Older complexes like Keauhou Kona Surf & Racquet, Alii Villas, Kona Shores etc have "built in" standard cable; you pay for upgrades and internet.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:35 PM

KonaKat,
Many thanks. This is the kind of info I am needing. Just need two bedrooms, ONE bath.
Adreana

Old 03-08-2011, 10:42 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,361,724 times
Well for 1 bath there's always Kona Shores I guess.

Check out the online versions of the various island newspapers, and Craigslist for more info.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:45 PM

15 posts, read 12,974 times
Good infor.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:53 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,060,133 times
Quote:
mdand3boys,
Why would you need to know my job situation? I am not asking you if I should rent something, I am asking about the cost of rentals.
Adreana
He was trying to be helpful.

Everyone I have met here has been helpful and nice. It's just in their nature to want to help you out with what they think you may need.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:02 AM

32 posts, read 151,505 times
Quote:
mdand3boys,
I am including all areas. My question was which area would be least expensive? I am asking a question about cost. Why would you need to know my job situation? I am not asking you if I should rent something, I am asking about the cost of rentals.
Adreana
He may have been asking about your job to give you tips on the best places to live if you would need a job. Puna is the least expensive, but I would never recommend someone who is coming without a job to move here as there are very few jobs in this area. So while you may find the least expensive rents here, that means nothing if you don't have a job or some money to live off of to actually pay the rent.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 AM

11,048 posts, read 23,919,653 times
Is Puna less expensive than Molokai?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii