Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 11:10 PM

2 posts, read 4,399 times

Advertisements

I shipped a car with Matson in August from Seattle to Honolulu. It arrived perfectly, and I was surprised how easy it was. Matson drop off & pickup very professional & easy. They even have an IPhone app so you can track the ship's progress.

The car is in a shipping container.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,913 times
Default Hawaii Car Transport - BE OF THIS COMPANY THEY DO NOT KEEP THEIR QUOTES

Friends,

I want to warn you about Hawaii Car Transport. This company quote us $2,245 to transport our Hummer H3 from Florida to Honolulu. They then call us to charge us $250 more because the website give faulty quotes.

Be care dealing with this company. I told them to correct there website and eat the lose until they correct the mistake, but they refuse.

I cannot trust this company because they could change me even more when they have my care.

Poor customer service.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:52 PM

127 posts, read 180,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmattheus View Post
Friends,

I want to warn you about Hawaii Car Transport. This company quote us $2,245 to transport our Hummer H3 from Florida to Honolulu. They then call us to charge us $250 more because the website give faulty quotes.

Be care dealing with this company. I told them to correct there website and eat the lose until they correct the mistake, but they refuse.

I cannot trust this company because they could change me even more when they have my care.

Poor customer service.
That's a bummer....sorry you had to go through that. I'm using them now from Texas to Maui, $1945, 4 weeks total shipping. My car hasn't left CA yet, but it should by memorial day. Hoping it gets here in one piece....I heard they arrive pretty dirty too, most people file a claim, regardless of the shipper. My biggest complaint with them is the original pick up from TX. I was supposed to receive a 12 hour window....instead I got a 12 minute window! The driver got backed up (not my fault) and was under the gun to get the cars from Texas to CA (still not my fault). Thankfully I was in the area and was able to meet him, otherwise I would've missed a pickup for a week or so (still not my fault).

Old 05-22-2014, 01:21 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,419,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Hula View Post
I heard they arrive pretty dirty too, most people file a claim, regardless of the shipper.
Not with Pasha. The cars they carry are enclosed for the whole trip, and washed before they are ready for pickup. And though there may be a few claims filed against them, they don't show up in the reviews and nobody has mentioned any here, so I'd be careful with your generalizations.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:06 AM

170 posts, read 291,955 times
I shipped both of my cars with Matson from OAK to HNL and had no issues. The car might have had a little dust but that's about it. I had no damage at all.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:45 PM

569 posts, read 779,766 times
I shipped a car from Oakland to Maui last year. Car arrived earlier than expected, which required me to scramble to have a friend pick it up (they charge you to store it once it arrives) because I wasn't on island when it arrived.

Car seemed to be in fine shape, although it told me it was a little disappointed not have hooked up while on a three-week cruise.

The loooove boat, promises something for everyone.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Not with Pasha. The cars they carry are enclosed for the whole trip, and washed before they are ready for pickup. And though there may be a few claims filed against them, they don't show up in the reviews and nobody has mentioned any here, so I'd be careful with your generalizations.
Very true....I was going on people's experience with Matson. Pasha was an option for me in Texas, but I would've had to drop it off in Dallas, which would've tacked on an additional $300, so at the end of the day I chose a middle man with Matson. I did hear back from the rep, Linda, today and it appears all is OK with the car arriving here in mid-June. She agreed to give me a tracking number on Matson, which is comforting. At the end of the day, if the car is damaged, it's damaged, and I'll have to deal with it like any situation. I did meet someone here today who shipped with Pasha and they had zero issues. Told her to post about it on the board, etc. Hopefully she will.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiPartTimer View Post
I shipped a car from Oakland to Maui last year. Car arrived earlier than expected, which required me to scramble to have a friend pick it up (they charge you to store it once it arrives) because I wasn't on island when it arrived.

Car seemed to be in fine shape, although it told me it was a little disappointed not have hooked up while on a three-week cruise.

The loooove boat, promises something for everyone.
Too funny....now I'll be singing that theme all night!

Old 06-05-2014, 01:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,741 times
Ive used Jim McCain twice and fixing to use him again. I won't use anyone else, I had a bad experience moving a vehicle and after finding Jim, I am loyal. he was honest and dependable. car arrived safe and sound and the price was also the least expensive for me however, I was shipping from KY to The Big Island. Google him at Kona Car Guy. konacarguy.com

Hope that helps someone

Old 11-19-2014, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,430 times
should I work with a shipping dealer (shipyourcar.com) from Florida or work directly with Matson to ship my car from Oakland to Hawaii?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii