Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 12:48 PM

120 posts, read 1,167,542 times

Advertisements

Where are you finding a house for $380k in Hawaii? The ones I have seen in this price range need $40k+ in improvements to be liveable.

Why not just buy a condo that has a nice pool. Two birds, one stone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 04:26 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,596,975 times
There are new, contractor-built 3 bedroom homes in Puna and Kau listed for sale right now under $200K.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:29 PM

9 posts, read 105,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauidude View Post
Where are you finding a house for $380k in Hawaii? The ones I have seen in this price range need $40k+ in improvements to be liveable.

Why not just buy a condo that has a nice pool. Two birds, one stone.
Oahu. Maili Kai and sea country neighborhoods (Where I currently live, with some family.. Im moving so I have a place by myself, condo is a big no no for me.. I lived in a single family home all my life, and thats what im going to move into. I also hate public pools..and there is a public pool in sea country) Some of these homes are only 2 years old. The market sucks, peoples prices are dropping. You just have to look. infact, theres a house up the road from me for 355K. I checked it out, it needs a paint job on the outside, inside and backyard are well kept... I will not buy it as the whole side yard is cement, and not to mention its in the same neighborhood I live in now, Id prefer to move into a whole new look.

So Like I said in my original post... Older homes in my neighborhood, many of them are extremely well kept... they range in prices from 355-400K. Or, i can wait a few months and reserve a plot for the new homes in Nohokai sea country for around 440. (Many are more expensive, some are less...416.. I like the 440)

Last edited by Jesse.Aitui; 07-16-2007 at 05:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: