Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 08:37 AM

20 posts, read 102,760 times

Advertisements

These kinda of questions just make me laugh a bit. No matter where you live, you still have to work, sleep, eat, cook, clean, go to school etc. Just the weather and hobbies vary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 09:08 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,839,074 times
Without knowing some basics about the OP, it is hard to say whether the questions are silly, no? Could be a young kid in school somewhere on a social-studies project. Could be someone having a chuckle Could be a ..........

Old 12-25-2010, 12:28 PM

168 posts, read 723,992 times
I didn't take this post seriously, thought it was a joke from the start.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:40 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,266,288 times
Sounds like a kid to me.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:53 PM

764 posts, read 1,452,570 times
Default Do they cook their food?

My wife and I are researching Hawaii for our possible relocation along with our two businesses. We wouldn't likely employ a lot of people, maybe up to 50.

However, we're both concerned about this cannabilism thing. We're going under the assumption that not everyone in Hawaii engages in the practice. Obviously, we'd be wary of any of our future neighbors who might invite us over for dinner, but what about potential employees? Do they give off any outward vibes as to their . . . unusual dietary preferences?

Also, do they tend to congregate in the more densely populated (target rich) areas, or do they prefer to . . . scout . . . in the lesser populated, more rural areas?

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:51 PM

45 posts, read 129,726 times
The laws that govern all of the USA concerning killing people govern Hawaii, nuff said.
If you plan to relocate your business there, check out the taxes that you will pay. That should put you off big time. Hawaii is the least business friendly state.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:08 PM

Default So, born without the standard funny bone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucywe View Post
The laws that govern all of the USA concerning killing people govern Hawaii, nuff said.
Maybe you can take the Sense of Humor 101 course at your local community college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucywe View Post
If you plan to relocate your business there, check out the taxes that you will pay. That should put you off big time. Hawaii is the least business friendly state.
I'm not concerned about taxes. They're part of the American way. It's the overuse or misuse or misappropriation of taxes that present problems. Just read some of the works of the Founders of this great nation.

People who own businesses and have trouble coping with taxes should maybe become ex-business owners.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:49 PM

120 posts, read 1,165,842 times
happyyappy you have no idea what your are talking about. Hawaii will chew you up and spit you out if your not careful, it is NOTHING like the mainland. The taxes, mandatory health care, rent, shipping, lack of employees and cost of living are crushing.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:08 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,218,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyappy View Post
My wife and I are researching Hawaii for our possible relocation along with our two businesses. We wouldn't likely employ a lot of people, maybe up to 50.

However, we're both concerned about this cannabilism thing. We're going under the assumption that not everyone in Hawaii engages in the practice. Obviously, we'd be wary of any of our future neighbors who might invite us over for dinner, but what about potential employees? Do they give off any outward vibes as to their . . . unusual dietary preferences?

Also, do they tend to congregate in the more densely populated (target rich) areas, or do they prefer to . . . scout . . . in the lesser populated, more rural areas?

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks.
Haoles.....the other white meat!

Old 12-31-2010, 11:18 PM

Default I wondered about that: dark meat or white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
Haoles.....the other white meat!
I'm of Cajun ancestry and probably waaaaay too spicy! No doubt I'd create significant gastrointestinal distress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii