Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2007, 04:54 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,729,917 times

Advertisements

I'm planning a trip to Hawaii this Winter as a surprise for my wife. She went about 10 years ago. I've never gone. What is a must see itinerary for a week in Hawaii. Also costs, lodging, and modes of transportation would be great. We do have some friends in the Navy who moved there a couple years ago, so we may stay with them. I'll be flying on frequent flier miles. We'll buy a ticket for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 06:23 PM

376 posts, read 489,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
I'm planning a trip to Hawaii this Winter as a surprise for my wife. She went about 10 years ago. I've never gone. What is a must see itinerary for a week in Hawaii. Also costs, lodging, and modes of transportation would be great. We do have some friends in the Navy who moved there a couple years ago, so we may stay with them. I'll be flying on frequent flier miles. We'll buy a ticket for her.
I think if you could add which island you were planning on going to, it would help others out as to giving ideas about where and what to do. However, I do know that if you are going for only a week, it is tough to do more than one island. Once you give the above info, I am sure the ideas will start flying off the shelves. I do want to mention, that if you can stay with people it would definately be worth it as hotels are pricey. Aloha, Julie

Old 07-15-2007, 07:59 PM

Probably Oahu.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:31 PM
CLQ

207 posts, read 1,085,915 times
USS Arizona
Hike Diamond Head
A Luau
Rent surfboards at one of the Waikiki beachboy stands and take lessons
Rent a kayak and paddle to the Mokulua island off of Lanikai
Laniakea Beach - to see sea turtles
Waimea Beach - Jump off the rock
Pipeline - to see the winter swells
Duke's on Saturday to see Kapena or Sunday's Henry Kapono
Polynesian Cultural Center - you can add a luau there too This is the face the Maori guys make while doing the haka dance.
Dole Plantation
Sky diving
Hanauma Bay - bring a snorkel/mask/fins or rent
Go to Waimanalo, Waianae or Palolo and go up to any big guy and say "eh, you like beef?!" They like beef. haha! j/k don't do it unless you like die.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLQ View Post
USS Arizona
Hike Diamond Head
A Luau
Rent surfboards at one of the Waikiki beachboy stands and take lessons
Rent a kayak and paddle to the Mokulua island off of Lanikai
Laniakea Beach - to see sea turtles
Waimea Beach - Jump off the rock
Pipeline - to see the winter swells
Duke's on Saturday to see Kapena or Sunday's Henry Kapono
Polynesian Cultural Center - you can add a luau there too This is the face the Maori guys make while doing the haka dance.
Dole Plantation
Sky diving
Hanauma Bay - bring a snorkel/mask/fins or rent
Go to Waimanalo, Waianae or Palolo and go up to any big guy and say "eh, you like beef?!" They like beef. haha! j/k don't do it unless you like die.

Great info -- Thanks!

Old 07-16-2007, 03:41 PM

1,178 posts, read 5,941,580 times
Quote:
Go to Waimanalo, Waianae or Palolo and go up to any big guy and say "eh, you like beef?!"
"like beef?", as in "like to fight me?"

Be VERY careful!

Hank

Old 07-16-2007, 09:23 PM
CLQ

207 posts, read 1,085,915 times
As far as lodging, I would stay in Waikiki. Even though I have my family there, I still prefer to stay in a hotel on the beach. We want to be there where all the action is and if you are on vacation you might as well. See if your friends in the Navy can make reservations with a kama'aina rate. The best centrally located hotels in Waikiki are Outrigger Waikiki, Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Sheraton Moana Surfrider and Marriott. Any further West from these hotels and you will be too far from the beach. Depending on when you go in the winter, you should be able to get a good deal. Have your friends find out the kama'aina rate.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:
As far as lodging, I would stay in Waikiki. Even though I have my family there, I still prefer to stay in a hotel on the beach. We want to be there where all the action is and if you are on vacation you might as well. See if your friends in the Navy can make reservations with a kama'aina rate. The best centrally located hotels in Waikiki are Outrigger Waikiki, Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Sheraton Moana Surfrider and Marriott. Any further West from these hotels and you will be too far from the beach. Depending on when you go in the winter, you should be able to get a good deal. Have your friends find out the kama'aina rate.
I am assuming Kama'aina rate is the locals rate -- Thanks for the tip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii