Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 09:45 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
do you believe? the article clearly points out DU. in Hawaii.
It also points out that the DU is well sequestered. If you aren't spending a lot of time in the target zone, it's not a problem.

Quote:
you don't believe its a real problem...... Hmmm....
As Abraham Lincoln said, "You can't believe everything you find on the internet. More than half of it is bogus."

Old 04-19-2012, 10:11 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
As Abraham Lincoln said, "You can't believe everything you find on the internet. More than half of it is bogus."
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country.... corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."
-- U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Old 04-19-2012, 10:32 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I have no idea about raditional in Hawaii, but I'm living in Japan, and I'm not even worried about it here.
That is the relative thing about denial. It works.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
That is the relative thing about denial. It works.
Well, there are geiger counters for the paranoid, and a ton of online sources for raditional exposure for most world cities.

Immediately after Fukushima, I became quite concerned for Tokyo. So I looked into the raditional levels of Tokyo, and it seemed high. Than I found that the natural radition levels for Rome Italy were even higher.

Anyways, not that you could read this, but you might make sense of the numbers. I use to live in NIIGATA, which is fairly close to FUKUSHIMA. Now I live in Osaka.

But a radiation website for Niigata: ŠÂ‹«•úŽËüŠÄŽ‹ƒeƒŒƒ[ƒ^ƒVƒXƒeƒ€

Without getting into it too much (as its better if you research and discover for yourself). But research nGy/h...and you'll find this for many different cities that record raditional levels (pretty much all Japanese cities do this, in Japanese though)...but you can find it for many other cities as well.

In general, you'll find that most Japan cities are well below the 'average' international number, despite the Tohoku 3/11 Earthquake.

Being that Hawaii is out in the middle of the ocean, with massive tradewinds, and everything else, my guess is its quite low. Japan is generally quite low. Other cities with a lot more pollution and other types of issues actually register higher on geiger counters and such.

You can write it all off as I'm just 'in denial', but I've actually very inquisitively researched this stuff to death as a resident of Japan. Plus I have a family here, so also as a concerned parent.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:52 AM

Well, I get that you are concerned but as a layman it has been revealed countless times that the people who are publishing, making up these data are not telling the truth. I would cite the weeks following the devastating tsunami that Japan just outright lied about the situation. As alarming as that is, I believe the posts here and the testimony provided by experts worldwide are valid and concerning.

That is my opinion and however disappointed I am that once again the truth suffers it has been going on for decades. It is a shame.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
I would cite the weeks following the devastating tsunami that Japan just outright lied about the situation.
Well, that's common knowledge. It wasn't for weeks though. It was the first few days. It felt like weeks though.

But, during that time, word was out, and continues to be out.

But, at this time, there are multitudes of people, organizations, websites, etc. who are recording up-to-the-date current radiation data.

I'm sure there are laypeople, organizations, governmental people, etc. probably doing radition counting types of things as we speak, in Hawaii, and definitely throughout Japan.

Personally, I'll take comfort in current technology data. But, yeah, there are tons of paranoid types of groups, people, etc. who don't look at such data, and just speculate the world is on fire as well.

Who's right? Fringe fearful groups or geiger counters? I'll go with the geiger counters.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:59 AM

I think it is a mistake in judgement to label people who disagree "paranoid". The earth is a living entity and it is responding to human encroachment.

Do you believe that the assertions made here about reactor #4 are overstated? I am interested as if marginally correct, then mankind may have a problem on it's hands.

Its foggy and 56 degrees at 0600 here in San Diego California USA.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:43 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,576 times
Quote:
. The earth is a living entity and it is responding to human encroachment.
I like this.. Malama Aina...

Funny how people want to go... "green" Where did this concept actually come from?

Hawaiians for the most part nurtured the land and took really good care of it, not just the land but the ocean. There were no stores no container ships to bring... they had to farm everything be it on land or in the water.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:52 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,815,136 times
Quote:
Hawaiians for the most part nurtured the land and took really good care of it, not just the land but the ocean.
Very true and many still do today!

Old 04-21-2012, 04:42 PM

I was born in Manoa Valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: