Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:06 AM

74 posts, read 166,180 times

Advertisements

There is also ABF Relocubes. We will be shipping my wife's SYM HD200 from Seattle/Tacoma to the Big Island when we move to our house in the Puna district. I would also like to ship my 2006 Harley-Davidson XL883 Sportster over. It's almost paid for and relacement costs for another one would be quite a bit.New Sportster start at about $8000 plus fees.

I did pick up a Kymco People 150 from the dealer in Kona, and got a nice deal on a leftover model. It's at our place with stabilizer in the gas and the battery on a tender. I rode it for abour 125 miles on our last trip over.

The Relocubes are pretty handy. I got a quote of about $4400 from our house in Puyallup, Wa., and delivered to our driveway on the Big Island.But to ship both two wheelers we may need someting a bit bigger. We don't have to take any furniture at all. I see the Pods come in larger sizes, so I'll check into them too.

Good luck, Jon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 11:02 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,422,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmove View Post
I see the Pods come in larger sizes, so I'll check into them too.
Unfortunately, unless they've changed recently, PODS is only serving Oahu, not neighbor islands. I wanted to use them last year but they said "not to the Big Island, sorry."

Old 04-01-2011, 03:01 PM

20 posts, read 33,673 times
We had our POD shipped from Northern California to Maui this Feb. I believed it went to Oahu first. As soon as we gave PODs a permanent address, they shipped it to Maui to be delivered. The reason it stayed in Oahu is they do not have storage facilities in Maui.

In fact, when we picked up our car at the Port, we saw our POD there. It was to be delivered the following day.

fuzzysuzie

Old 09-12-2012, 11:01 PM

44 posts, read 130,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoaKine View Post
I used Horizon for my house hold goods and Matson for both cars I was pleased with both

Cars there is one price for all the carriers its the same no matter who you go with go whit your heart and head dont go with someone saying I havent used them but herd bad things .

House holds bring what you want if you can afford it. As I have stated many time here I have been married to long to be able to just throw away/sell all the memories we purchased like anniversary gifts for us we got house hold good dinning room sets bedroom sets desk so i brought it over and am glad I did.

If you have any questions dm me and I will be glad to help

Koa
How did you ship your household stuff with Horizon? Did you simply bring the boxes or did you put them on a pallet? How much stuff did you ship with them and what was the cost?

Any info appreciated.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:51 PM

The three shipping companies are Matson, Horizon, and Pasha. They will each give you an estimate, no charge and no hassle.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:36 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,557,871 times
Do any of the shipping companies store the container in maui?

Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,557,871 times
Well, in case anyone is else navigating a move to Maui using PODS, I found out their
local number on Oahu is 808 682-7637.

I found out that there is no PODS storage facility on Maui at this time, however they
do ship your POD to Maui..
You can then unload it at the dock, or have it delivered to your home, or have it delivered to a private storage facility of your choice where they will drop it off for a few days while you unload it into your storage unit, then they come pick up the POD.

Or you can load your POD at your house, they come pick it up and take it to a storage facility in San Diego where your POD remains intact, in storage, for how ever many months you want, till you're ready to have it delivered straight to your new home in Maui.

Personally I'm looking into storage facilities in Maui near the dock,or in Kihei, as I will be in a vacation rental for a few months before moving into my permanent house. I figured that way I have unlimited access to my stuff in Maui..

"A Place for my Stuff"..remember the old George Carlin Parody... lol

Old 01-22-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
"A Place for my Stuff"..remember the old George Carlin Parody...
Yep, and the less Stuff you have, the less Stuff you have to store, the less Stuff you have to ship, the less Stuff you have to worry about. Moving to or from Hawai'i is a great opportunity to reinvent one's relationship with their Stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: