Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:17 PM

19 posts, read 46,850 times

Advertisements

Being an Asian-American from California, this is a subject that my friends and I have talked about - friends from both California and Hawaii. One can't help but notice that walking through the beaches of San Diego or Los Angeles, there are plenty of beautiful Asian women about. And most of them seem to prefer to date, and eventually marry, white men. In some ways, it's like "living the American Dream."

In Hawaii, however, although there are a share of Asian women who like white men, the majority seem to prefer to date other Asians. Also, it seems much more common to see young Asian Americans guys with girls of any race, white or Asian, in Hawaii than it does in California. Is this just an illusion, or would other people seem to agree?

Success in dating is determined by many other factors, obviously - confidence, personality, looks, ect., but in this instance, one can't help but notice this diffence. Anybody else take notice of this or have thoughts on this matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 05:59 PM

415 posts, read 449,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhwarrior10 View Post
Being an Asian-American from California, this is a subject that my friends and I have talked about - friends from both California and Hawaii. One can't help but notice that walking through the beaches of San Diego or Los Angeles, there are plenty of beautiful Asian women about. And most of them seem to prefer to date, and eventually marry, white men. In some ways, it's like "living the American Dream."

In Hawaii, however, although there are a share of Asian women who like white men, the majority seem to prefer to date other Asians. Also, it seems much more common to see young Asian Americans guys with girls of any race, white or Asian, in Hawaii than it does in California. Is this just an illusion, or would other people seem to agree?

Success in dating is determined by many other factors, obviously - confidence, personality, looks, ect., but in this instance, one can't help but notice this diffence. Anybody else take notice of this or have thoughts on this matter?
Who cares who they date/marry? Me thinks someone is bitter because he needs to put some effort in getting laid. The relationship forum will be happy to assist you.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 9,514 times
I have to ask if white, blonde women have any luck dating in Hawaii. I am from Florida where we are a dime a dozen, but I am due to relocate to Hawaii. Any thoughts?

Old 04-05-2011, 07:26 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,265 times
Quote:

I think you are right, from my very casual and unscientific view. I think there is such a variety of asians and pacific islanders that the dating pool is wide open. Speaking with some Japanese friends (nisei) seems like Japanese prefer to date other Japanese, but other asians seem more open to dating others. YMMV.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:44 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susirobi View Post
I have to ask if white, blonde women have any luck dating in Hawaii. I am from Florida where we are a dime a dozen, but I am due to relocate to Hawaii. Any thoughts?
Sorry, we have so many on hand already that most of the incoming are being diverted to San Diego.

But you know, I have a lot of compassion for your kind, and I try to help out whenever I can. So I run a little shelter program up here in the artists colony at Volcano, on the Big I... with intake sessions at the Lava Lounge over in the National Park, live music on weekends... let me know when you'd like me to meet you there to review your case.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:56 PM

369 posts, read 776,943 times
Yes.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:25 PM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susirobi View Post
You have problems dting in Florida? Well, any woman can be blonde, including Asian woman. Blonde Asian chick, blue eyes and dark tan would be perfect.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,991 times
Quote:

I think so. Most locals have mixed heritage and likely they have some kind of Asian in them. I know of so many couples of different races, and not your typical Asian woman-White man configuration.

What you saw is not an illusion. It's the way it is!

Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
Who cares who they date/marry? Me thinks someone is bitter because he needs to put some effort in getting laid. The relationship forum will be happy to assist you.

Try answering the question without having to psychoanalyze and label the OP. You're the one that sounds bitter!

Old 03-28-2012, 05:28 AM

7 posts, read 15,676 times
Dating life is always better in part of the world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: