U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-10-2012, 03:53 PM

4,632 posts, read 3,515,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
So you're saying because I shouldn't have taken this job, I'm not allowed to post about what being union and working for government in Hawaii is really like or criticize the low pay?
Where did I say that?

Old 04-10-2012, 03:55 PM

3,670 posts, read 2,646,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Where did I say that?
Then what is the point of your post? Just to flame me AGAIN for moving to Maui to take a job at the County of Maui? Why do you and PacificNotEvenInHawaiiFlights insist on constantly needling me?

Old 04-10-2012, 03:59 PM

4,632 posts, read 3,515,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Then what is the point of your post? Just to flame me AGAIN for moving to Maui to take a job at the County of Maui? Why do you and PacificNotEvenInHawaiiFlights insist on constantly needling me?
To warn others. This has nothing to do with you.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:00 PM

3,670 posts, read 2,646,242 times
Oh I see, I was completely wrong. It's not REALLY bad that there are homeless county workers. The fact that a person is willing to take the job and live on the beach is proof that it pays enough. Since the unions are overpowered and overpaid, that homeless guy should probably get a pay cut! And let's cut lifeguards down too, because $12/hr is just too much pay for saving lives.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:03 PM

4,919 posts, read 9,269,980 times
What is being said is you are basically saying:
I moved to a place where the cost were high, the wages low and everything I was told to prepare me for the reality of living in that place I ignored. Now I'm finding myself all screwed around, can;t make ends meet, find myself heading towards a heck of a let down, so I will blame:
A) The Place, wages, the Unions, the governement, the people, the price of gas, the food, the laundry soap, the temperture of beer on tap, the distance between places, too many K's in words, the hills, the flat roads, the water, the sky, the neighbors, the boss, the double yellow lines on the street, the number of cell phone providers, county governement, the mayor, the sunshine, the rain, the lack of snow, no drive in movies, sugar cane, sugar cane burning, the can;t pronounce it street names, and the inability to get laid without the service of prostitutes.
B) Poor planning on your part.

You picked "A" and put back on those same rose colored glasses that got you into trouble in the first place and refuse to see that there is a "B".

Old 04-10-2012, 04:14 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,677,622 times
I believe this thread has run it's course.

7th
FAQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii