U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 12:28 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,661,170 times
Default Here is my problem with shipping thing's to Hawaii

Here is my basic problem with Company's like Amazon is that they will not ship items to Hawaii like bulk food item's that offer on there website .So i go around there socalled shipping habit's by haveing a UPS post office box in San Diego as a address.Then they rebox the food items to ship to me on the Big Island

There is a few items i like to eat and i find that Amazon has the best price bulk prices on the item ..They will ship alot of things but no food or heath or beauty items to the islands

But it get's me that the whole thing is that they say that Hawaii is not part of the US but it is and they allway say it not.. I have asked them to ship it flat rate through the US post office in there flat rate box that they have but they will no do it ..

Last edited by henry1; 07-19-2011 at 01:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 01:11 AM

5,771 posts, read 9,290,922 times
Get used to it. That's all part of living in Hawaii. Just one of the many little differences many people who move to Hawaii don't even know they should think about before they move here. We are isolated. We are not really considered to actually be part of the United States by a lot of the mainland. Amazon isn't the only business who thinks that way.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:50 AM

217 posts, read 241,376 times
When I had Prime I asked Amazon would it include Hawaii and they said it did. No mention of excluding certain items, just said it would not be 2 day shipping but it would be included. $80 a year for all you can order on Amazon to be shipped to Hawaii is not bad, even if they exclude food and beauty.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenIntoGreatness View Post
When I had Prime I asked Amazon would it include Hawaii and they said it did. No mention of excluding certain items, just said it would not be 2 day shipping but it would be included. $80 a year for all you can order on Amazon to be shipped to Hawaii is not bad, even if they exclude food and beauty.
The part of the whole deal of Amazon is that the socalled food bulk items are still ship the items to a street address on the mainland but not in Hawaii or Alasak because no one is home to take the package ..

I told them that i would pay for the socalled 2.day shipping on any items on that i order from there website and it would go to a place where someone is ..

The website in which i can get orignal items but they do not in bulk like Amazon offer's on there websie ..

Old 07-19-2011, 11:31 AM

217 posts, read 241,376 times
Email the people that make the stuff you want. I would think they would want to help you remain a loyal customer. I would be sure to mention you want to buy in bulk, that you are not someone just wanting a few items.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:01 PM

140 posts, read 219,306 times
yep, a lot of vendors will try to coordinate when shipping to hawaii. i had to buy tools once and they said that they would ship it to me usps, but it required a manual intervention.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:01 PM

4,919 posts, read 10,116,526 times
Do you understand how Amazon logistics work? That's the reason some types of items are not available for shipping to HI or AK even though they are part of the USA.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:24 PM

1,244 posts, read 1,479,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Do you understand how Amazon logistics work? That's the reason some types of items are not available for shipping to HI or AK even though they are part of the USA.
I don't know how they work, but would be interested in learning! The only thing I ever order are books.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Yes i do understand how Amazon Logistics work but the problem i have is when you standing in there office in Seattle and one person who standing there in front of you ..They are tell you the reason why they do not ship food product's to Alasak or Hawaii because no one is home to take the package..

So i did ask them what happens if someone is not home on the mainland what then i basically got a blank stare from them and i was asked to leave by them after that question

So i basically set up a forward shipping point in San Degio UPS office to send the package to me in on the Hilo side of the island and i go over and pick it as it order in the way of food product's along with talking to the diff people like Buy The Case & Peanut Butter & Company & Sunland Peanut Butter company's plus anything else i want in the way of food product's ..

The rest of book's & dvd & other product's go to the house address there on the big island

Old 07-19-2011, 08:33 PM

5,771 posts, read 9,290,922 times
Just a side note, it isn't worthwhile to pay for overnight shipping even if they say they have it available because it won't be here overnight even if you pay extra. Figure three to five days for "second day" air and probably two days for "overnight". Frequently most of the stuff comes through Honolulu and gets there too late in the day it arrives to make the transfer to the outer islands in the same day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii