Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2007, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,909 times

Advertisements

Me and my husband will be visiting Hawaii in Jan 08 for 5 days. Any info. regarding hotels, good places to eat, which island is the best, and good sites to see whould be helpfull.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 03:27 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,303,674 times
If you come to the Big Island, I always recommend exploring Puako for vacation rentals and the Waikoloa Marriott if you are looking for very comfortable accomodations--their beds are great. (As someone pointed out, be sure you ask for a renovated room, though I think they are almost finished with their renovation.) These locations put you in perfect position to explore some of the Big Island's best beaches as well as Hawi and Waimea.

If you plan a trip to the Volcanoes National Park, an overnight stay in Volcano is recommended. It is a long drive from the Kona/Kohala coast--if you want to have time to explore the park you will be glad to be staying in the area.

With aloha,

Cynthia

Old 09-05-2007, 03:14 AM

160 posts, read 631,354 times
When you ask "which island is the best" - it is actually very difficult to answer that question. As I have discovered - each island is different and depending on what you are looking for - one may be better suited for you then the others. Therefore, can you be more specific as to what you want to do when you are here?

Old 03-10-2009, 05:00 PM

68 posts, read 245,223 times
Aloha! I agree with HIgirl, every island is different. The Big Island has the volcanoes, Kauai is really lush, Oahu with Honolulu has the shopping & nightlife and Maui is a mix of everything. If you want to try Hawaiian food the best place has to be Ono,s in the neighborhood inland from Waikiki. Its one of those little places that the locals love. My dream is to visit Molokai one day. Its pretty quiet and laid back but its what the old Hawaii was like. Hope this helped a lil bit. A hui hou.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii