Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2007, 12:58 PM

7 posts, read 27,781 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have for many years vacationed on the island of Kauai staying mostly on the north shore area. Hanalei, its bay, the valley and surrounding mountain ranges were absolutely awe inspiring and a place you could really find your soul. Over the last few years we have dramatically noticed the great wealth and "Our asses don't smell" attitude is now prevailing. They have paved paradise and put up a parking lot. Can anyone suggest areas on the other islands where Puff may now live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 01:14 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,303,217 times
Sounds like you should explore the "wilderness" of the Puna coast on the Big Island or Molokai....

You will find some million dollar plus vacation homes in Puna, but you also get quite an interesting mix of people and ideas out that way!

Explore some options by clicking here for Vacation Rentals by Owner, or DM me if you would like a few maps and ideas: Big Island Vacation Rentals - VRBO® Vacation Rentals by Owner Big Island Hawaii (http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/hawaii/big-island - broken link)

Hope you find what you are looking for...

Old 09-11-2007, 01:16 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,258,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzstein View Post
Can anyone suggest areas on the other islands where Puff may now live?
I heard that Puff left his cave in "Honah Lee" and moved to Fiji.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:07 PM

850 posts, read 4,363,625 times
i'm flying to the big island tomorrow to purchase a lot at mauna loa estates. maybe i'll find puff there, too.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kani-lehua View Post
i'm flying to the big island tomorrow to purchase a lot at mauna loa estates. maybe i'll find puff there, too.
Mauna Loa Estates--good choice!!

Old 09-11-2007, 05:03 PM

mahalo for the vote of confidence regarding mauna loa estates. i'll be looking at one other lot at cymbidium. my realtor used to live @ mauna loa and loved it. maybe you know him, keith iwamoto @ century 21 homefinders of hawaii. he has worked very hard on my behalf! kudos to him!

Old 09-11-2007, 11:52 PM

Ohia Estates, Mauna Loa Estates and all the small "subdivisions" near Volcano/Volcano Village....excellent places to explore if you like the cooler elevation and the lushness of the area. I certainly do... Maybe try to have dinner at Kilauea Lodge if you have time. We make reservations there for our anniversary and sometimes even Thanksgiving if we are not traveling to see family!

Old 09-13-2007, 11:02 PM

we just couldn't get over the beauty of mauna loa estates and made an offer on a lot. everyone, and i mean everyone, of any race or color was friendly! should the offer not be accepted, we will probably look at ohia or royal hawaiian. didn't care too much for the lot that was listed at cymbidium.

on our next trip, we will be doing a lot of exploring and maybe will make it up to kilauea lodge for dinner. time is a problem though, because we care for our ailing mother on o'ahu who has alzheimer's. this time she stayed at a respite care home and we picked her up when we got back. we also have animals that depend on us.

maybe one day we'll meet in passing. we plan on purchasing this year, building next year and moving the following year.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kani-lehua View Post
maybe one day we'll meet in passing
One of the advantages of small town living....it could easily happen!

(I hope you will keep us informed about your experience, especially when you begin building.)

Old 09-14-2007, 12:23 PM

i didn't find puff in mauna loa estates. but, found paradise with lovely surroundings and genuine people. i did make an offer on a lot. should it go through, i'll keep you updated about all the experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii