Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 06:38 AM

3 posts, read 7,852 times

Advertisements

I love Big Island, nice and rest place.Go to visit the Valcanoes National Park, so cool man.Once you all family go for vacation and beaches, check the wheather as well.Sometimes the wheather very worst. Prepare some medicine, take a "Kechara Protection Chakras" also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 12:44 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
Be sure to read Hunter Thompson's "The Curse of Lono" about a Christmas trip to Kona that goes hilariously bad. Christmas in Hawaii is great; the poinsettias are blazing red. I really like Honolulu at Christmas, the lights are fantastic but you'll have fun on the Big Island too. Enjoy!

Old 07-30-2012, 01:44 PM

9,322 posts, read 16,661,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneJSL View Post
Wailea Beach looks beautiful! I checked the Four Seasons and I'm having trouble finding the exact dates so I better decide and book something quick.

Thank you.
Great place to stay. We have condo on Maui, right near Four Seasons (Ekahi Condos). There are many who rent their condos if you are interested, just search by the name. They are on Keawakapu Beach, which is a wonderful beach:
Keawakapu Beach, Maui

Old 08-03-2012, 01:17 PM

44 posts, read 97,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneJSL View Post
Hi everyone,

We are looking for a nice quite beach.

- Rene.
For you, I suggest Maui: either Kaanapali or Wailea. Both areas, however, get a bit crowded.

My opinion is that Maui is the island with the largest & best collection of beaches, although I love the Lani Kai/Bellows/Kailua Beach area on Oahu. (Be warned, Oahu has bad traffic problems and I mean bad traffic problems.)

Our family prefers Kapalua for vacations -- partly because that area of Maui is a bit less crowded than Kaanapali and Wailea. However, in December, Kapalua can get a bit windy, cool, & wet at times. (It doesn't bother me much, but I'm not known for having 'normal' preferences either ....)

A buddy of mine owns a place in the Waikaloa Beach Resort on the BI and his family absolutely loves Hapuna Beach and the fact that the BI is less crowded overall. (The BI, however, has fewer beaches and they are farther apart than those on, say, Maui. So, Hapuna Beach can get a bit busy at times as well.)

My oldest brother prefers Kauai. He finds both Maui & Oahu too crowded for his tastes. The Poipu area may give you what you want, and you can always drive up to Hanalei Bay for a slightly different, but excellent experience. If you choose Kauai, I suggest an early morning helicopter tour of the island.

You can have a great, relaxing 'beach' vacation on any of the 4 islands I mentioned, but for a first time visitor wanting a beach vacation, I think Maui more closely meets expectations for most people.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:55 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,442,568 times
South Maui (Kihei and Wailea) doesn't really have sheltered beaches. You'd probably prefer West Maui

Old 08-08-2012, 12:38 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,408,574 times
Default praying for rain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I think the place you are describing is on Maui - specifically in the Wailea/Kihei area.

Keep in mind that December is the wet season in Hawaii - you may get 7 clear days but you never know that time of year.
well...even if we do have any rain... 7 clear days is a bit low... even if it does rain it clears the air and the skies are gorgeous. It has been so utterly dry on Maui that we can only hope it rains...
Koale

Old 08-09-2012, 08:37 AM

10 posts, read 37,603 times
Also check out VBRO for Maui rentals. Baby Beach in Maui is very nice, usually quiet and virtually no surf. I also find that Napili in Maui is a great spot as well

It doesn't matter which island you go to, you should find the weather delightful on the leeward side

I'm jealous

Last edited by 7th generation; 10-17-2012 at 03:35 PM..

Old 10-17-2012, 02:57 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,214,610 times
I'm jealous too! I second Maui, maybe Kaanapali. December is wet like stated, but chances are good. I've found if one side of the island is rainy get in the car and go to the other side. Tip:call a restaurant on the other side or some business and ask their hours and then ask if it's sunny. I've done it! LOL

Condos are a good way to go with families if you like to cook and hang out. Since it gets darks pretty early, by 7 pm there's not much to do with little ones so having a condo or house is perfect. You can always go to a big resort for lunch and pool swim if you like, or hang out at their beach.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:11 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,214,610 times
Take a look at this place
Kaanapali Royal Vacation Rental - VRBO 362349 - 2 BR Kaanapali Condo in HI, Elegantly Remolded-2 Level! Quiet Resort- Walk to Beach!
The internet is full of nice reasonable places to stay.

I have stayed in a Condo on the ocean in Kialua Kona on the Big Island and can't say I would recommend it. Not many beaches, roosters woke us up before dawn daily, neighbors were very noisy. Hot sun facing the ocean there that really heats up the rooms with no way to really ventilate it out. It's a fascinating island, but just too big if you want to go to the other side you will have to stay overnight there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii