Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 03:13 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,588,803 times

Advertisements

I emptied the rain gauge at 9:30 AM. It's just after noon and there's about 5 inches already. All kine new leaks in my roof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 03:46 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,297,791 times
Yikes...sorry to hear that, leilaniguy!

We've been lucky so far...though I should go up into the attic and check.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:02 PM

850 posts, read 4,359,509 times
omg! to that house you showed cyn! good thing though that you were able to see it in person. did the seller disclose that flooding was a problem?! both you and leilaniguy need to stay indoors today and watch the super bowl!

just poured down in kailua. heard at the airport it's been raining for awhile now.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:36 PM

11 posts, read 35,131 times
Oh how I miss the rain on the tin roof! I LOL when these folks here said Oregon rains plenty. It's more like a Waimea drizzle! So funny. Occasionally we get the big storms rolling in with REAL rain but most of the time, the rain is a drizzle or a little more than a drizzle. It is COLD rain, though....not warm like Hawaii....sigh....I wanna shed the winter coat already. I think Spring is coming soon though -- my daffodils are budding already!! Yay!

Old 02-06-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiigirl87 View Post
Oh how I miss the rain on the tin roof! I LOL when these folks here said Oregon rains plenty. It's more like a Waimea drizzle! So funny. Occasionally we get the big storms rolling in with REAL rain but most of the time, the rain is a drizzle or a little more than a drizzle. It is COLD rain, though....not warm like Hawaii....sigh....I wanna shed the winter coat already. I think Spring is coming soon though -- my daffodils are budding already!! Yay!
sorry, no daffodils here in kailua. just checked out our 50+ year old mango tree and it's flowering. downside: the blossoms are facing east which is the breeziest part. why does it always blossom there first? wind just blows the flowers down. was wondering why my eyes have been so itchy lately, duh?! don't really care, though. don't much care for them. the neighbors looooooooove them. wish we had better luck with our tomatoes, papayas and bananas. must be that salt air again, jung?!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:08 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,562,082 times
Think it must be that windward brain rust setting in. I rented a house here in Kihei way back in 76, thats 1976, belonged to Gordon Gibson, he owned the Maui Lu resort. There was a huge mango orchard in the back, and would have hippies out there in the middle of the night, cockaroaching, as in stealing, the mangos. Weather is just fine in Kihei today, and I don't ever care to eat another mango, papaya is a totally different deal.........Hey, Leilani Guy, time fo buss out da roofin tar!!!!!!!! That stuff that Henrys makes works pretty well......

Aloha and okolemaluna

Old 02-07-2008, 01:40 PM

jung, i think you should bottle up that, "windward brain rust" and sell it on da oda side. it's priceless!! lol. looks like maui and the big island are supposed to get more rain today?! kailua, o'ahu is a beautiful and sunny 75 degrees. let's see if it holds up. got to do laundry and want to hang it on the line.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:51 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,297,791 times
There is sun in Hilo!!!!!!!

Not sure how long will last...but it's nice to see after the last week of record-breaking weather!

Hey, Kani....we saw the news coverage of Oahu's storm from last night. I never saw so much lightening when I lived there. How was it in Kailua?

Old 02-07-2008, 02:18 PM

sorry, cyn! don't know about last night. was at windward mall for several hours. i do know the other day that the dogs were acting up and i didn't know why. then all of sudden several flashes of lightening. now, i thought that when there's lightening, there's thunder? or is it the reverse?! i dunno. didn't hear any. feel so bad for all those who suffered on the mailand from the twisters!!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 04:45 PM

45 posts, read 290,447 times
Aloha

Just got back from Golfing at Makalena in Waipahu and the weather was great today.
Lucky we live Hawaii where you can golf all year round.

Friend in Hawaii
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii