Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 07:43 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,008 times

Advertisements

Luckily, I live in Welches. We get a lot more sunny days up here than you folks down in the valley get that are often trapped under that marine layer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 08:02 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I moved to Portland from Hawaii about 5 years ago to a place called the Indigo off the Pearl District to help a friend with a start up. All glass building. I had sweeping views of Mt St Helen's and Mt Hood. At least I did in September when I moved in. I gave up on Portland 6 months later and I never saw those mountains again. Cheap wonderful place. Weather, not so good.
Ya i believe i know which place that is, i don't live far from there. My view is of the west hills awsome at night. Reminds me of Honolulu at night. Well your blessed to be home.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Luckily, I live in Welches. We get a lot more sunny days up here than you folks down in the valley get that are often trapped under that marine layer.
Ya i agree with you, i don't live in salem anymore, im in portland. But we have had some awsome weather lately.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Ya i agree with you, i don't live in salem anymore, im in portland. But we have had some awsome weather lately.
From where I am, Portland is down in the valley. You should come up to the mountain sometime!

Old 08-04-2013, 12:25 PM

I may just do that sometime, I know that area where you live it is nice.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:36 PM

Aloha i believe in the 70s the Honolulu Zoos banyon trees were inside of the zoo? Does anyone remember?

Well i brought up the Honolulu Zoos banyon trees because up till recently keiki used to be able to play, climb and swing from the trees, a lot of small kid time memories there now its illegal to climb. Wish i could share the experience with my child.

Banyan Tree at Honolulu Zoo - YouTube

These trees are majestic.

Please share your small kid time memories, ur more then welcome. Mahalo Aloha

Old 08-09-2013, 07:01 PM

Since i couldn't find a picture b4, i found one now. The sky slide in waipahu, bring back memories of small kid time.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2183/2...ba1_z.jpg?zz=1

Aloha anyone remember small kid programming in Hawai'i how about shows. I remember Pogo & Checkers, or how about kikaider or kamen rider, how about j.a.q.k? Very interesting programming, and example to Hawai'i mixed culture. Its all gone, all the shows but the feeling is still there. Wish i could share with my keiki.

CHECKERS & POGO: ON THE GO - YouTube

Enjoy heard the the t.v station erased all of the episodes.

kikaider
Kikaida opening theme - YouTube

cont.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:38 PM

Cont last post.

Kamen Rider
Kamen rider 1971 opening - YouTube

J.A.Q.K
JAKQ Dengekitai Full Opening - YouTube

UltraMan

UltraMan Original Theme Song - English - YouTube

Old 08-09-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Since i couldn't find a picture b4, i found one now. The sky slide in waipahu, bring back memories of small kid time.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2183/2...ba1_z.jpg?zz=1
Have you been to Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii? I took my niece a couple years ago and it was a lot of fun!

Old 08-09-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Have you been to Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii? I took my niece a couple years ago and it was a lot of fun!
No i haven't been to the one in Hawai'i. Way after my time. Did your niece enjoy herself? I hope u got pictures or video so she can rember her small kid time if Wet "N" Wild closes down. The closes thing we had for a theme park was Castle Park, maybe b4 your time?

http://midlifecrisishawaii.com/wp-co...ark-Inside.jpg

Oh and a small seaworld.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii