Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 02:24 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times

Advertisements

Oh i just found this, my earlier post of hanabada shows wouldn't be complete with out this one. Thou the show is the same its not the Hawai'i station version.

Keiki Pow T.V

Death of TV Pow - YouTube
enjoy

Wasnt this on b4 kikaida or ultaman? Cant remember which.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 01:00 PM

Aloha,

Hmm i was going back to my hanabata days in memory, and what i remembered was kind of special for me, and maybe for u if your in my generation? Every year on my birthday my ohana would take me to Farrell's at ala moana and every year they would sing the birthday song(and embarrass the hell outa me) and have to wheelbarrow me out because i ate too much. Keiki land was about next door if i remember?

Anyway it was good news to hear they reopened again and this is something i can share with my keiki.

What are some of your hanabada memories? or memories of Farrell's?

Farrell's Hawaii - YouTube

Old 08-12-2013, 01:12 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,110 times
I remember going to Farrell's (Kahala) with friends and family and having the zoo. The best part were the little animals (my fave were the monkeys!).

I got to go to Checkers & Pogo a couple of times, and was on Romper Room (Miss Robin ended up being one of my Sociology instructors in College).

Loved growing up in Hawaii and wished my boys could have had more than summers when they were little (we were Army).

Thanks for the memories.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
I remember going to Farrell's (Kahala) with friends and family and having the zoo. The best part were the little animals (my fave were the monkeys!).

I got to go to Checkers & Pogo a couple of times, and was on Romper Room (Miss Robin ended up being one of my Sociology instructors in College).

Loved growing up in Hawaii and wished my boys could have had more than summers when they were little (we were Army).

Thanks for the memories.
Np melanie no biggie.

Aloha, lol after work today i was working on my new music list on my phone. When i ran into this song. Anyone remember this song from there hanabata times?

Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love (1977) - YouTube

It wasn't that it was a bad song, or that the Bee Gees sucked back then, it was just they were way overplayed. Everywhere in Honolulu u heard this song or the Bee Gees.

Defently something i wouldn't want to share with my keiki.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:20 AM

Ha! The BeeGees were, um...over-exposed. I did love "Massachusetts" though.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:51 PM

Lol heres a hanabata memory from 70s-80s. This one is hard but lets see if u remember? And no cheating lol.

I spent hrs of my small kid time around this object as like others. Hope it lifts the fog of old memories?

http://hawaiieveryday.files.wordpres...1057.jpg?w=500

Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Lol heres a hanabata memory from 70s-80s. This one is hard but lets see if u remember? And no cheating lol.

I spent hrs of my small kid time around this object as like others. Hope it lifts the fog of old memories?

http://hawaiieveryday.files.wordpres...1057.jpg?w=500
No takers huh? well it was the centerpiece for the Ala Moana Shopping Centers sandbox. Spent hours as a boy climbing on and around it.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:30 PM

Aloha,

One of my earliest memories of my hanabata times was when i saw the first space invaders arcade. This was an arcade that all they had was 20 machines of the game, Don't remember where in honolulu. But i thought it was cool. Remember the arcade games of the 1970-80s. Remember the hrs spent with friends seeing who could get the high score? What was your favorite game or place to play in Hawai'i or your favorite memory?

File:Space Invaders cabinet at Lyme Regis.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-28-2013, 02:35 AM

Aloha, heres a place still here from my hanabata times. Anyone remember going to watch the Harlom Globetrotters and The Barlem Baley Circus.

http://blaisdellcenter.com/wp-conten...e-1024x484.jpg

Old 08-28-2013, 06:32 AM

I am so old that I remember when the NBC was the Honolulu International Center. I so loved the circus and ice capades and my Father would take me to boxing matches (I was always dressed in frilly dresses, hair ribbons and wore little gloves - ah the sixties!).

We (Sister & Cousin) would try to catch the ducks and ducklings and never even got close.

Then as a teenager I went to so many concerts there (Def Leppard, ZZ Top, Judas Priest, The Go-Gos, Loverboy, Triumph, etc.).

My High School always graduates at the concert hall (not the arena) and I nearly suffocated from all of the leis & haku leis - you could barely see my eyes in the pictures!

You are seriously bringing these memories rushing back. Growing up in Hawaii was both a pleasure and a privilege!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii