Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 10:48 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Last I checked - ok, Wikipedia checked - the United States Gross Domestic Product was more than double than #2 - pretty strong given the population if the US is so small compared to many countries.

Try traveling the world - you'll appreciate what you got.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_GDP_(nominal)

List of countries by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We have it way better than most places in the world - we should be grateful for our freedom and what we have.
Oh believe me i am greateful. Ive seen poverty in other countries. But gratitude can also mean being greatful for what you got, not alway clamouring for this or that.

Im talking WW 2 type economic str.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 08-24-2013 at 11:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounds Complete View Post
Why do you always place the obligation on the backs of others. Sell your stock, tell your boss goodbye and go help them. You'll soon discover that it is a bottomless pit of demand into which all the resources of the world could be poured without so much as making a bit of difference.
And you know this how? There is no argument that there are always going to be poor people, that has never been the arguement. What has been the arguement is do we let people die of starvation or aids etc because, we choose too? i never said end poverty(eventhough we could)

Real change for better doesnt happen with a few ppl it happens on a society level. In our thinking, attitudes etc.

Further who says im not already helping those in need?

Also the last i checked, with responsibility come privilege, not privilege without responsibility. Which seem to be the common drum beat in our society.

Oh i am the boss.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 08-24-2013 at 11:07 AM..

Old 08-24-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Why do you always place the obligation on the backs of others. Sell your stock, tell your boss goodbye and go help them. You'll soon discover that it is a bottomless pit of demand into which all the resources of the world could be poured without so much as making a bit of difference.
Your statement:
"You'll soon discover that it is a bottomless pit of demand into which all the resources of the world could be poured without so much as making a bit of difference."

Hmmm sounds familiar? we sent 50 billion(whtvipers quote) on aid to africa. But thats not even six mths worth of sells to one corporation.

Hmmm do we keep people from dying of starvation and death? Or do we support excesss and comfort?

Pouring limitless reasorces into corporations, hasn't made really much difference, sure alot of low paying jobs. And we could pour double profits into corporations and the results would be the same. Because as you so eligently put it "why should they pay more for unskilled l

Old 08-24-2013, 11:41 AM

Labor or "i would pay the least amount to get the job done from ppl who have no motivation" this is a thinking error, yes i know what you meant but still an error. I know alot of low paying workers that work 7 times harder then the upper management does. If i wasn't mistaken that kind of thinking sounds like class=morals?

Old 08-24-2013, 02:54 PM

84 posts, read 83,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Your statement:
"You'll soon discover that it is a bottomless pit of demand into which all the resources of the world could be poured without so much as making a bit of difference."

Hmmm sounds familiar? we sent 50 billion(whtvipers quote) on aid to africa. But thats not even six mths worth of sells to one corporation.

Hmmm do we keep people from dying of starvation and death? Or do we support excesss and comfort?

Pouring limitless reasorces into corporations, hasn't made really much difference, sure alot of low paying jobs. And we could pour double profits into corporations and the results would be the same. Because as you so eligently put it "why should they pay more for unskilled l
You might as well as rail against the abuses of gravity or mathematics. Corporation, in the main, are great benefactors to our society. Do you think you can build a GM or Boeing as a sole proprietorship or partnership? Won't happen.

Sorry that people procreate themselves like rabbits in places that won't sustain a hare to a decent standard, but we can't bankrupt the world trying to do the Loaves and Fishes gag on a global basis.

When it comes to my excess and comforts, and their deaths, well I have to say "It's Miller time".

Last edited by Rounds Complete; 08-24-2013 at 03:39 PM..

Old 08-24-2013, 02:56 PM

84 posts, read 83,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Labor or "i would pay the least amount to get the job done from ppl who have no motivation" this is a thinking error, yes i know what you meant but still an error. I know alot of low paying workers that work 7 times harder then the upper management does. If i wasn't mistaken that kind of thinking sounds like class=morals?
I kinow you are not a businessman, because you don't even understand the difference between "effort" and "PRODUCTIVITY". If person A works himself to a lather and makes X amount of goods per day, and person B works at a reasonable pace, but makes 2X amount of goods, guess who gets the bonus.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
You might as well as rail against the abuses of gravity or mathematics. Corporation, in the main, are great benefactors to our society. Do you think you can build a GM or Boeing as a sole proprietorship or partnership? Won't happen.

Sorry that people procreate themselves like rabbits in places that won't sustain a hare to a decent standard, but we can't bankrupt the world trying to do the Loaves and Fishes gag on a global basis.

When it comes to my excess and comforts, and their deaths, well I have to say "It's Miller time".
Hmmm ya isn't it a shame. Ya people shouldnt have freedom/s or life unless they can afford them? Further, im always amused by the argument of the survival of the fittest from ppl with your opinions and mindset, while hiding behind laws, armies that protect your property and self and agendas. Sir your birth was a testament of charity. And ethicly and morally if your the superior people or class then im not interestted.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:40 PM

Further, im all for being responsible and work hard, but what you fail to realise is you can bw responsible and work hard and still be poor.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 08-24-2013 at 04:59 PM..

Old 08-24-2013, 04:45 PM

See the thing is im smart enough and wise enough to know that the way i think, believe, etc isn't the absolute truth or reality. But even then there are just things that are right and wrong.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I kinow you are not a businessman, because you don't even understand the difference between "effort" and "PRODUCTIVITY". If person A works himself to a lather and makes X amount of goods per day, and person B works at a reasonable pace, but makes 2X amount of goods, guess who gets the bonus.
OMG! whats upper management? but telling people what to do and being a superviser? What do they produce? they sit behind a desk. Its your workers that put the sweat in. Yes your responsible but still comeon. Hell i know guys who come into work, read some files, sign a few forms and thats there day. and thats worth what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii