Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2013, 12:02 PM

3 posts, read 3,239 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Oklahoma all my life 23 years
I visited Honolulu, Hawaii in December and fell in love...
What I am wondering, is what is day to day life like?
Should I bring my motorcycle or car?
Is there many organic markets there?
What are the hospitals like?
Will I be looked down on for wearing aloha shirts? I've worn them for 23 years and I just wonder?
What is the weather like most of the time?
Also I make about 250k a month in real estate a year, how easy would life be for me in Hawaii?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 12:40 PM

293 posts, read 249,983 times
Lol

Here's Jonny...

Old 06-06-2013, 12:48 PM

1,730 posts, read 3,810,264 times
First time poster, list of simplistic questions, outlandish $$ claims = troll.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:08 AM

I joined so I could ask questions, sorry if they are simplistic, I didnt know how far advanced I could go with my questions, and 250k a year is outlandish?
I am a bit confused

Old 06-07-2013, 10:07 AM

Ill go ahead and ask the other questions
1. What is the statistics of motorcycle accidents in Honolulu?
2. How much does it cost to ship things to Honolulu, like packages from amazon...?
3. How much would a condo cost that would be close to the beach?
4. Is it possible to own a boat in Hawaii or are all the harbors full up?
5. How is the humidity on jewelry in Hawaii?
6. What is the culture like in Hawaii?
7. Is there a lot of there history pre America?
8. What kind of drinks do bars serve in Hawaii?
9. What is the weather like?
10. Is it truly relaxing all the time?
11. Whats the amount of owned restaurants to franchises?

Old 06-07-2013, 12:50 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,099,217 times
First off, $250K a year for a 23 year old is a bit unusual. But if you are pulling in that kind of cash, more power to ya. I’ll answer the questions I have some knowledge on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMS View Post
What I am wondering, is what is day to day life like?
Same as any other place, you go to work and get in routines. The difference is that the weather is pretty much always nice and the ocean and mountains are right at your back door.
Quote:
Should I bring my motorcycle or car?
Personal preference, but the car is king here. Motorcycles are not required to wear helmets, and are not allowed to go between lanes like California. Some folks prefer a moped. Mopeds are looked upon as normal things, not laughable forms of transportation.
Quote:
Is there many organic markets there?
There are a couple major retailers. Most grocery stores carry organic now. There are also farmers markets.
Quote:
What are the hospitals like?
Like any other hospital?
Quote:
Will I be looked down on for wearing aloha shirts? I've worn them for 23 years and I just wonder?
Is this a serious question? There are several different types of Aloha shirts, subdues and classy for work, loud and bright for tourists and some are for formal events. They are acceptable attire all the time.
Quote:
What is the weather like most of the time?
70’s and 80’s in the day, 60’s and 70’s at night. Only about a 10 degree difference between summer and winter. Same with daylight, only about an hour difference with the sun setting at 7 now and 6 in the winter.
Quote:
Also I make about 250k a month in real estate a year, how easy would life be for me in Hawaii?
No idea. But you might consider that the people making that kind of money have had to fight very hard to get where they are, and are at the top of their game.

Quote:
2. How much does it cost to ship things to Honolulu, like packages from amazon...?
Anything over $25 usually qualifies for free shipping. Comes in a week or two.
Quote:
3. How much would a condo cost that would be close to the beach?
Depends on what amenities you want. If you are talking about buying, you can get a Condo for as low as $250K. Condo’s in a building close to mine go for $325K and have a $500 a month Maintenance fee that covers electricity, cable, water, trash and sewer. Condo’s right on the water go for WAY more.
Quote:
5. How is the humidity on jewelry in Hawaii?
It’s not so much the humidity that’s bad, it’s the salty air that can wreak havoc on jewelry.
Quote:
6. What is the culture like in Hawaii?
Very Asian influenced.
Quote:
7. Is there a lot of there history pre America?
Yes, there is a good deal of pre-america history here.
Quote:
8. What kind of drinks do bars serve in Hawaii?
Same as anywhere else.
Quote:
10. Is it truly relaxing all the time?
That’s a state of mind. You can be truly relaxed all the time anywhere. That being said, there are some very relaxing places you can go here. Beaches, top of hikes, etc.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:53 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,351 times
Quote:
I joined so I could ask questions, sorry if they are simplistic, I didnt know how far advanced I could go with my questions, and 250k a year is outlandish?
I am a bit confused
This is what you said (a bit confusing) Also I make about 250k a month in real estate a year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: