Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 09:02 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times

Advertisements

Aloha if your ever in town try the cocopuff from Liliha Bakery. I heard its ono?

Feature on Liliha Bakery - YouTube

Anyone else got favorite bakeries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 04:16 PM

Aloha, Howzit?

Since we are on the topic of bakeries why not mention these?

Making Leonard's Malasadas - YouTube

Champion Malasadas - Mo'ili'ili - Honolulu, HI

Whats your opinion?

Old 09-18-2013, 04:58 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Aloha, Howzit?

Since we are on the topic of bakeries why not mention these?
Who is this "we" you are referring to?

Old 09-21-2013, 09:16 PM

Aloha,

I have to recommend the crackseed center, I got a shipment yesterday from them about broke da mouth on it. There delivery is fast and product great.

Crack Seed Center

Does anyone else have any favorite places for crackseed?

Old 09-28-2013, 06:07 AM

337 posts, read 613,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Aloha, wow no one has a favorite place to get shave ice?
If you're on Maui I'd recommend Ulalani's Shave ice. There's also snow factory, and local boys shave ice. I've never had the local boys shave ice, but I always hear people rave about it. Snow factory is different as they flavor the water and freeze it, then shave it.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchTempo View Post
If you're on Maui I'd recommend Ulalani's Shave ice. There's also snow factory, and local boys shave ice. I've never had the local boys shave ice, but I always hear people rave about it. Snow factory is different as they flavor the water and freeze it, then shave it.
Mahalo, ya sounds interesting flavor the water then freeze it, shave it.

So what is the best plate luch special place? Gulick Okazu?

Old 10-05-2013, 11:21 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times
I had a malasada yesterday morning at the Punaluʻu Bake Shop in Naʻalehu. It was really good but I don't think as good as Leonard's on Oʻahu. Although I think Leonard's has an advantage because every time I have had a malasada there it was hot.

Punalu'u Bake Shop - Welcome

Leonard's Bakery - Malasadas, Pao Doce, Malasada Puffs, Pao Doce Pups, and more...

Old 10-09-2013, 01:39 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times
I've have seen Zippy's around Oahu for years but never ate at one. They always looked to me like a Hawaiian style Denny's. We went tonight in Hilo and WOW! They are sooooooo not a Denny's. Their menu is an amazing mix of different kinds of food from many different cultures. I had Ox Tail Soup and it was AWESOME! My wife had Chinese Steamed Sea Bass and it was ONO!

Two happy tummies here.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
I've have seen Zippy's around Oahu for years but never ate at one. They always looked to me like a Hawaiian style Denny's. We went tonight in Hilo and WOW! They are sooooooo not a Denny's. Their menu is an amazing mix of different kinds of food from many different cultures. I had Ox Tail Soup and it was AWESOME! My wife had Chinese Steamed Sea Bass and it was ONO!

Two happy tummies here.
Mahalo, im so glad you got to experience that, Hawai'i is awsome for having new experiences.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:24 AM

Aloha

Anyone else have a unique local place for food, entertainment or shopping that they would like to share. You may help someone who is visiting have a great experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii