Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 12:56 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,815,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Oh come on, make believe and dreaming has everything to do with a moving, relocation, and local city issue forum!
Very true. So, for all those looking to move to Hawaii and want to be close to one of many haunted spots in Hawaii, I hope this helps with your property search.

Celebrity Ghost Hunter shares his list of haunted hot spots in Hawaii - YouTube

Happy Halloween!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 01:25 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,590 times
@McFrostyJ, whtviper1

Im just so sorry guys that for years of living in Hawai'i and being on CDF that you guys can hardly find topics that grant you more then a few hundred views. Maybe if you were to work harder on going beyond your limited views or perceptions? Or maybe work harder to not hate other peoples accomplishments or hard work and put the same hard work into your threads you would have the same results? Or heres a thought? Maybe if you just don't want to work? then just not come on my threads? Im tired of you leaving your piles of negitivity dung on my threadsl

Also there is that red exclimation mark on the upper right hand corner of each post that you can hit to launch a complaint. If you feel my stuff is irrelevant. Please use it. Because i do work hard on my threads and its not cool to have you complain when your not willing to put the same effort in yourself.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-25-2013 at 01:36 AM..

Old 10-25-2013, 01:44 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,815,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
@McFrostyJ, whtviper1

Im just so sorry guys that for years of living in Hawai'i and being on CDF that you guys can hardly find topics that grant you more then a few hundred views. Maybe if you were to work harder on going beyond your limited views or perceptions? Or maybe work harder to not hate other peoples accomplishments or hard work and put the same hard work into your threads you would have the same results? Or heres a thought? Maybe if you just don't want to work? then just not come on my threads? Im tired of you leaving your piles of negitivity dung on my threadsl

Also there is that red exclimation mark on the upper right hand corner of each post that you can hit to launch a complaint. If you feel my stuff is irrelevant. Please use it. Because i do work hard on my threads and its not cool to have you complain when your not willing to put the same effort in yourself.
@Hawaiian By Heart
I think you need to get back to the islands for awhile, because I'm not seeing much aloha in your post. Maybe YOU don't want to buy property near one of Hawaii's many haunted spots and that's ok. However, my post was for those who would!

Old 10-25-2013, 05:35 AM

168 posts, read 518,294 times
I really don't care if you believe this post or not. Doesn't matter. I experienced it, and why would you believe it fully unless you experienced it too?

Regardless....This island has to be the most haunted place I've ever lived. I've never had so much happen to me of that supernatural category. Two good friends of ours live in a very haunted house in the Salt Lake area. I've heard disembodied voices there, lights turn on when nobody's by the switches (as in the switches have moved), something crawled into bed with me there, I've seen shadows and mists (both inside and outside), doors have opened and closed on me, cans have been thrown across the room by unseen hands, etc....

My question is....is Salt Lake supposed to be really haunted?

Again, you don't have to believe me. Those that do believe know that when this DOES happen to you, it's not fun stories by the campfire. It can be scary and even irritating to deal with.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:53 AM

@Okiefrombama

I believe you, ive had my own personal experiences in Oahu. Gee where to start? Well to answer your question it is yes. I would say that area of the island is prob the most haunted. You got Pearl Harbor, Aiea, Keaiwa Heiau State Park, Moanalua Gardens, Mapunapuna St area, Moanalua or Kulana'ahane if you prefer. All these areas have stories of the nightmarchers and obake. Some of the stories of Moanalua are included on this thread. Even salt lake has myth surrounding it about Pele and her sister. Its even now rumored that Salt Lake Boulevard has paranormal stuff going on too.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:47 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
Okay, I'll share one from the early 'eighties. This was told to me by a friend who worked at Schofield in management. He had a local girlfriend and one night they were heading to Waialua from Schofield on Kaukonahua Road, the "Windy Road" not the straighter one that heads into Haliewa. As they were driving along in the dark someone started tailgating them, someone in a white pickup truck. The tailgater followed them really closely for a couple of miles, to the point where they felt it was not only annoying but dangerous, so Ron turned off to the right shoulder to let the truck pass. As soon as he did, there was no one there. He asked his girlfriend what to do and she said, "We get out of here" and they did. I mentioned this to my neighbors who said there had been a fatal crash in that location. The victim drove a white pickup and was a Waialua Sugar millworker.
On another note, I was privileged to meet Glen Grant and to go on two of his walking tours. He was a fabulous guy.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:14 PM

@eureka1

Mahalo for the talkstory thats one i hadn't heard before. I heard Glen Grant was also a great guy from other locals. He has earned mine and alot of other peoples respect for his involvement in the community and his work with our aunties and uncles generation in preservation of this part of local culture. I also believe he was also an example of what haole or transplants should be. Mahalo for your post.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:54 PM

Aloha,

There is a story about a 16 year old who grew in a village called Kalapana in the Puna district of The big island. Often during summer while going to visit his grandparents he would walk the wooden path between his home and the Queens bath, a coral pond favored by the royalty in ancient times. One afternoon while taking this path that he knew so well he was surprised by a young wahines voice calling his name from behind some thick bushes. The young man stopped and said "hello"? Looking at the bushes expecting a friend or someone he knew playing a joke to come out, but instead this gorgeous long haired Hawai'ian wahine steps out from behind the bushes. The young man had never seen such a pretty Hawai'ian wahine like her before and was attracted to her immediately. The wahine called his name again and said "lets go into the bushes, your attractive and i like you. "Do i know you?" the young man asked. The wahine replied "No, but ive seen you alot in the area, come to the bushes [pg 1] cont next post.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:23 PM

[pg 2] cont from last post.

I know a place where we can have fun". The young man at that moment noticed that the Hawai'ian wahine was wearing a white dress that was low around her bust. And realised he have never met anyone like her in his village of Kalapana, and realized that this was also the wahine of his dreams, he got enough courage to be lead to a clearing away from the path he was walking(the country boy was shy with wahines) the clearing away from the path he walked had hanging vines that flurished in the rainforest of that area. She wahine then qestured him to a spot and said in a seductive voice " Come over here lets make love here" Excitted of what may happen and nervous he slowly steps foward. Just then the temperature drops about 40 degrees. The wahine then said "dont worry i will warm you up, come here, don't you want me?" The temperature was really cold, at that moment he felt fear and took a step back "maybe we can do this tomorrow? I need to get to my grandparents place" [pg 2] cont next

Old 10-26-2013, 03:51 PM

[pg 3] cont from last post

"Dont be afraid of that cold i will warm you up" the wahine said. The young man cont to walk backwards away from her and the area. The wahine said "where are you going?, don't go, don't you want me?" The young man at this time was running towards the path he knew. Just then this voice filled with rage says "where you going, stop, come here now!" Realising that this is no normal wahine he starts sprinting to his grandparents home. He can hear laughter in the air from the wahine behind him.

Reaching the grandparents place and the tutukane seeing his grandsons fear asks "whats wrong", the boy tells him everything. After the story and calming the boy down the grandfather told him he did something stupid. You never ever answer the call of your name if its at your back, or strangers who know your name and demand something. This was a calling ghost and by answering the ghost can make you sick or kill you. I will show you tomorrow where the wahine ghost was taking you too. [pg 3] cont
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii