Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 09:18 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,748,508 times

Advertisements

Or feel the tropic sun on my face and feel the trade winds blow. Or to play and dance in the hawaiian rain that can soak you but you don't care because it warm.

@everyone, when was the last time you guys did what i said the last two post? It would be interesting what the response would be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Shootz, if you can't talk about politics, what's left? Religion or diet? Either one of those will get huhu nui, too!
Lmao, so true.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:59 PM

959 posts, read 1,214,188 times
I really don't think government incentives to private businesses to lower food prices is a workable solution. For a dollar reduction in the price of milk, retailers will need at least a dollar from the government, probably more to cover extra costs to administer the program. And where will the government get the money? By raising taxes. And probably raise $1.20 in new taxes for every $1.00 they spend to lower the cost of milk by $1.00. And I don't see that as the role of government either.

If I had the ability to to one single thing that I think would help lower prices on everything and put more money in people's pockets it's thing: change the rules on trading oil back to the rules in place prior to George W's Presidency. Prior to his presidency, oil was considered a strategic national commodity and trading was restricted to only very large end users of the product. Early in his administration rules were changed to remove the end user restrictions. This allowed wealth traders and pension funds and mutual fund managers to begin trading in oil. The result has been drastically higher prices on crude oil. Which has drove up the price on all goods and services.

I think changing the rules back would dramatically lower oil costs and as a result, the cost of everything would drop.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:14 PM

@WaikikiBoy,

Now there is a solution suggestion, I agree i think we need to go further and get back to before the trickle down economic model startted by reagon, Its just not working for these times.

I also suggested cutting tourism advertisement funding to pay for incentives, since the tourist industry has had the highest success ever recently so advertisement isn't needed as much.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:16 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,891,322 times
Maybe we could just raise state income and GET taxes in Hawaii to get that price of milk down.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Maybe we could just raise state income and GET taxes in Hawaii to get that price of milk down.
Why do that when that extra dollar is just fluf or extra profits? I also gave about 6 other suggestions and #1 had a few different ones besides taxes. Also Waikikiboy had a good suggestion.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:29 PM

@whtviper1

You know, this would be a great time to use your powers for good not evil. lol

Old 01-11-2014, 10:40 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,891,322 times
Maybe a special taxi tax to help out the milk producers? Or a special tax on Oregon residents coming to Hawaii can help those deprived milk drinkers??

Old 01-11-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Maybe a special taxi tax to help out the milk producers? Or a special tax on Oregon residents coming to Hawaii can help those deprived milk drinkers??
Have goodnight Kolohe Haole.

Dont be angry or sad whtviper1. I leave you something to be greatful for. At least your not dealing with this type of locals.

Angry Locals - Locals Only - YouTube

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 01-11-2014 at 11:09 PM..

Old 01-11-2014, 10:53 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,813,670 times
What about taking away the GET on food and prescription drugs for the residents of Hawaii only? Has any state legislator there ever proposed a bill that would do that? Maybe they could make up the lost revenue with an increase in the hotel tax or something else that doesn't nail Hawaii residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii