Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 04:59 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,336,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Shouldn't someone tell the Chicago Sun-Times?
No, somebody should tell the Bermuda Sun, which got it wrong coming out of the gate so fast, headlining that Bermuda was one of the THREE finalists.

That's where I got the early news, and then after that I was far more interested in the story about the new rules and New Zealand's threat to pull out over those new "billionaire" rules than I was in following up on the following correction to the shortlist.

Who can blame me for thinking that adding Chicago to the shortlist was most likely a hoax from The Onion? I mean, really.

Nevertheless, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa maxima. Geez, I'm really in the bucket now. That's the second mistake I've made already this year, and it's only June, so I'm way off my normal pace. According to JJ that's a sign I'm underserved, so I guess I need to go hit the okolehao now. Cheers!

But seriously... Chicago?!?

I mean, i know the James Beard Culinary Awards are moving to Chicago, but the America's Cup?

Seriously?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 10:44 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,806,302 times
San Francisco is out. Bermuda, Chicago, San Diego still in the running.

San Francisco officially out for 2017 America's Cup | www.ktvu.com

Old 06-17-2014, 03:44 AM

38,707 posts, read 102,905,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
No, somebody should tell the Bermuda Sun, which got it wrong coming out of the gate so fast, headlining that Bermuda was one of the THREE finalists.

That's where I got the early news, and then after that I was far more interested in the story about the new rules and New Zealand's threat to pull out over those new "billionaire" rules than I was in following up on the following correction to the shortlist.

Who can blame me for thinking that adding Chicago to the shortlist was most likely a hoax from The Onion? I mean, really.

Nevertheless, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa maxima. Geez, I'm really in the bucket now. That's the second mistake I've made already this year, and it's only June, so I'm way off my normal pace. According to JJ that's a sign I'm underserved, so I guess I need to go hit the okolehao now. Cheers!

But seriously... Chicago?!?

I mean, i know the James Beard Culinary Awards are moving to Chicago, but the America's Cup?

Seriously?!?
I'm curious as to why you think Chicago is such a far-fetched option.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:06 PM

Well OpenD, if it makes you feel any better Chicago is now out of the running, though we will be hosting two America's Cup World Series races to gauge Chicago's suitability as a potential future America's Cup venue.

Chicago out of running for 2017 America's Cup - chicagotribune.com

Old 07-18-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Well OpenD, if it makes you feel any better Chicago is now out of the running, though we will be hosting two America's Cup World Series races to gauge Chicago's suitability as a potential future America's Cup venue.

Chicago out of running for 2017 America's Cup - chicagotribune.com
No, it doesn't make me feel any better at all. Why would it? I couldn't care less where the America's Cup race is held, and I like Chicago a lot. Oh, what I wouldn't give right now for a nice thick slice of deep-dish pizza from Gino's or Pizzeria Due!

Old 07-18-2014, 02:19 PM

Why would you you ask? I dunno, but you sure seemed rather animated about the prospect in previous posts.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Why would you you ask? I dunno, but you sure seemed rather animated about the prospect in previous posts.
Nah, just making humorous because of the error in the newspaper account I had read. I lived in Chicago twice, years ago, have lots of really great memories... and a few bad ones... from each stint there, and a few visits since. It's a great city, but jokes at Chicago's expense are a time honored tradition, so why pass up an opportunity, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii