Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 10:05 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,141 times

Advertisements

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...AIUEmfeo8bTw-g

@Rogerluli especially when its haoles or mainlanders that are doing this.

@KauaiHiker & nerdlette, hmmm maybe its kinda like what happen to the original translation of Haole? It startted as "One with no breath or foriegner" Today it can be used as a racist term. But you should understand what im saying since you where offended by the term not long ago. Also the Olelo hawaiian language evoles to mordern eras.

Further, i believe true residents would want people to know that when moving to Hawaii, you have to change your way of thinking. Its islands, no alot of places to go and people need to get along, so the petty envy and the obsesive need to be big shots or right. competing has to stop. Civil competition ok, but leave it on the play fields. We not i anymore. Be involved with your community, be humble, kind etc are all old school local

Pg 1/2

Old 01-19-2015, 10:17 AM

Pg 2/2

Values. Its understandable today how you can walk around modern Oahu today and not see the values i talk about. Is that because they are obsolete in modern times or have they been kinda pushed aside by outside influences?

Further you don't need Kanaka (which means people) Maoli blood to have aloha and respect for aina, people, culture. These are people who are Hawaiian at Heart or ones with breath.

Further, never in my lifetime have i ever seen a people celebrate others accomplishments more then locals of Hawaii (at least in my time) Johnnys kid made all american in football, lets throw a luau or party, Marty got a big promotion lets throw a luau or party, Our keiki turned 1 year old etc etc etc. That doesn't sound like envy or competition etc etc? But also local communities can be crazy competitive, have you seen communities attitudes about highschool football games?

Enough said.....
Aloha, love you guys even if your pupule.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 01-19-2015 at 10:36 AM..

Old 01-19-2015, 10:39 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,577,728 times
Gee, can't we all just be Americans? Or how about Folks?

Last edited by Buckeye77; 01-19-2015 at 10:49 AM..

Old 01-19-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Gee, can't I just be an American?
Yup the most Decorated fighting unit in WWII and history was the 442nd Infantry Regiment in Hawaii mostly japanese american locals. How much more American can you be but be local? Oh while being interned before for being japanese in hawaii just after pearl harbor, soo how much more just being folks do you want?

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 01-19-2015 at 11:07 AM..

Old 01-19-2015, 12:54 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,577,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Yup the most Decorated fighting unit in WWII and history was the 442nd Infantry Regiment in Hawaii mostly japanese american locals. How much more American can you be but be local? Oh while being interned before for being japanese in hawaii just after pearl harbor, soo how much more just being folks do you want?
exactly - so why the need to make all the sub-classifications? native vs Hawaiian born non native vs mainland born resident vs tourist vs Ohio State fans vs etc. First seek to understand.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
exactly - so why the need to make all the sub-classifications? native vs Hawaiian born non native vs mainland born resident vs tourist vs Ohio State fans vs etc. First seek to understand.
Hmmm interesting point of view, thou i totally agree with seek first to understand, maybe some groups need to seek first to understand more then others? No personal reflection towards you are far as im concrrned your pono.

Those who often point out sub-classfications don't understand the history of Hawai'i and don't understand how it relates to the present. No stink intended i would surely want my Hawai'i friends or anyone from Hawai'i to kick my okole if sub-classification was used by me in a modern day Hawaii where classism & racism and attitudes of ignorance were not present. Understand?

Further it has also come to my attention that i may come across as blunt and egotistic im sorry its not my spirit of intent. I live a very humble life. Its often difficult for me

Pg 1/2

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 01-19-2015 at 01:39 PM..

Old 01-19-2015, 01:42 PM

Pg 2/2

to express foreign views to everyone. Further im also not a great writter. It also hurts my heart to hear i hurt others with my words, its not my spirit of intent its just the issues i discuss or bring up are real and are sometimes just ugly issues.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:34 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,901,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Further im also not a great writter.
Agreed.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:54 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
I don't think we should have threads requesting answers from only those of any particular race (ethnicity, religion, etc.). This is a STATE forum.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: