Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 02:20 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,491 times

Advertisements

Today Oahu... Hazy really Hazy. Trades, not vog, but it was Hazy

Old 11-07-2015, 12:54 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Today, other part of Oahu, mostly cloudy with breaks of very blue sky.

Based on my hair, I would say humidity around 75% or higher.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-08-2015, 09:22 AM

927 posts, read 758,493 times
Blue haze... Could be meth labs haha. Maybe that many on BI?
If a meth lab blows up everyone jumps out the window and a blue haze goes around the outside of the house. Thats how the police can tell its a meth lab. The house is contaminated and they have to wear those bunny suits to go into it. It has to be boarded up for a year.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:03 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,108,404 times
Vog Measurement and Prediction (VMAP) | Vog Model

^^^ This great Vog site may be dissipating soon , article in today's S.A.:

Vog-predicting map needs funds to get by-- Star-Advertiser

Last edited by Tantalust; 11-09-2015 at 12:31 PM..

Old 11-26-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Vog Measurement and Prediction (VMAP) | Vog Model

^^^ This great Vog site may be dissipating soon , article in today's S.A.:

Vog-predicting map needs funds to get by-- Star-Advertiser
Thanks for the link, seen it many a time great info. I have looked at it and well the other week it had the same info as to...

on oahu ..... Table of model predicted values of SO2 (PPM) 0.00

Table of model predicted values for Sulfate Aerosols micrograms per meter cubed (µg/m³) 0.00

wich to me shows.... no vog. I looked at it all last week which was Hazy as a muddah.

you could also use this to get an idea of whats going on...

https://www.windyty.com/

and also this. GOES West Satellite Imagery - Satellite Services Division / Office of Satellite Data Processing and Distribution

again I ask.... what is Haze.. the news has been using the phrase more and more and if you notice they are telling the truth as I see it more and more.

if you want you are all invited to...
Quote:
Encore showings of the documentary film "This Changes Everything" are scheduled being scheduled for January 2016. If you would like to schedule a showing for your community or would like to updates about upcoming events, please let us know: hawaii.chapter@sierraclub.org. WHEN
Wednesday, December 9, 2015 from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM (HST) - Add to Calendar
WHERE
Halau O Haumea at the Center for Hawaiian Studies at UH Manoa - Kamakakūokalani Center for Hawaiian Studies 2645 Dole Street- Halau O Haumea Honolulu , HI 96822 - View Map
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/changin...72?aff=ebrowse

Old 12-17-2015, 11:45 PM

came across this article it talks of haze... could this be the cause??

Quote:
This haze is caused by airplanes, and it is gradually whitening blue skies, says Charles Long of NOAA’s Earth System Research Laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. “We might be actually conducting some unintentional geoengineering here,” Long said at a press conference this week at the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting in San Francisco.

Geoengineering involves the manipulation of an environmental process in such a way, usually deliberate, that it affects the Earth’s climate. For instance, previous researchers have proposed combating global warming by intentionally seeding the atmosphere with small particles, or aerosols, to scatter some sunlight and reduce the amount of heat trapped by greenhouse gases.

Read more: History, Travel, Arts, Science, People, Places | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Old 12-18-2015, 01:48 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,901,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
came across this article it talks of haze... could this be the cause??
no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii