Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 11:07 AM

102 posts, read 118,568 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^

I believe what i was trying to say in the beginning was rail wasn't overly popular as some members on this forum try to push. It isn't what everybody wants. In the 2008 vote on rail it only passed 51 percent to 46 percent, most of the supporting votes were from honolulu and areas who will benefit from rail. But thats not really saying anything because in Hawai'i we are well known for not voting. Then you have to look at the history on this issue. Since 1970s time and time again this issue was brought to table and voted against by our elected officals.

I don't necessary agree. Mikala43 i believe mainland contractors will go where the money is. I really don't know what will happen with this project.

I would really like to see just how many truely voted in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 11:20 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
No one is trying to push it was popular.

Panos ran on anti-rail platform and lost multiple times. A vote result is a vote result, and the answer was yes. "But it wasn't by a lot or popular" means............................ nothing. The vote was still "yes."

You want to see how many truly voted? What does that mean? The numbers of our poor voter turn out? Pretty sure that info is available.

I was vocally anti-rail. I voted, lost, shut up.

HawaiiWarriorFan: Where do you live and how does it affect you?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-27-2016, 01:12 PM

^^^^

Sure you have, isn't rail progress? How many times have we heard you and whtviper1 talk about progress? Doesnt everyone want progress? What we have is just a simple Ideology conflict. You may have voted against it but you do support it and that ideal of progress.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/44196219-post102.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/44075339-post61.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/44068672-post52.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/44061565-post43.html

Im sorry im not anti technology advancement, But if rail, new tall skyscrapers, superferry or kala, makes us forget aloha, betterment of our communities or who we are in Hawai'i then its better to go without. Dang Mikala43 wake up sistah! We have keiki shooting eachother now, more homeless then evah, record drug use, highest incarceration rates in history and tons of other problems etc on our islands and we have more kala and luxuries then evah in history. Do you honestly believe betterment of Hawai'i problems is more Kala or Rail etc

Old 05-27-2016, 01:42 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,259,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiWarriorFan View Post
isn't rail progress?
Not really. Ever hear of the "Oʻahu Railway and Land Company" that operated a rail system from 1889 to 1947?
Oʻahu Railway and Land Company

Old 05-27-2016, 01:56 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,908,567 times
Quote:

makes us

We have

on our islands and we have
Can you remind us again who "us" "our" "we" are again (or just yourself).

In most realities, when someone hasn't lived somewhere (in this case - Hawaii) for 30+ years (again - yourself), bases rememberances on childhood memories, youtube, newspapers, and the internet in general - it loses the luster of "us" "our "we".

I would suspect most of us value the opinion and weigh it much more greatly of people who actually live here and have a stake here.

If you expended half as much energy on where you actually live you might make some "progress".

Old 05-27-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Can you remind us again who "us" "our" "we" are again (or just yourself).

In most realities, when someone hasn't lived somewhere (in this case - Hawaii) for 30+ years (again - yourself), bases rememberances on childhood memories, youtube, newspapers, and the internet in general - it loses the luster of "us" "our "we".

I would suspect most of us value the opinion and weigh it much more greatly of people who actually live here and have a stake here.

If you expended half as much energy on where you actually live you might make some "progress".
So please remind us all where your from again Mr. Viper? Please tell us all about what makes you have Mastery of all things Hawai'i? Is your mastery because you know about the cost of condos, tax stats or how to avoid traffic? Activities all common to every western city in any western civilized country? Is it your physical location? Please explain to everyone what your stake or what us locals call "skin" is in Hawai'i besides your personal investments or paying taxes? Please Mr Viper explain to everyone what you "shoulder?" Please tell us about your roots in Hawai'i? In most realities people who master driving regular cars don't claim to be race car drivers like you do Mr. Viper. It will be interesting to hear your claim to Mastery is and how that compairs to the realities of life in Hawai'i.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
So please remind us all where your from again Mr. Viper?
Since you asked. I live in Hawaii.

You do not. (For 30+ years).

All else is moot.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Since you asked. I live in Hawaii.

You do not. (For 30+ years).

All else is moot.
Really? You know we have people who live in America who don't speak English or vote or pay taxes? So just because they live here physically for however long does that mean they have mastery over the English language or American issues? Again please explain to everyone what your stake or what us locals call "skin" is in Hawai'i besides your personal investments or paying taxes? Please Mr Viper explain to everyone what you "shoulder?" Please tell us what your roots are in Hawai'i? I really suspect it's nothing.

That's the point had you really lived in Hawai'i you will know that sometimes who you are and what your roots are have more credibility and bearing then your experience ,knowledge or perceived individual importantance. I think I made my point and I'm done.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:09 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,572,705 times
Quote:
Really?

think I made my point and I'm done.
For some odd reason;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pKymngWgJw

Don't,,, uuurrrrrpppp, scuze me, know why

Old 05-27-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
So just because they live here physically for however long does that mean they have mastery over the English language or American issues?
We haven't been discussing the English language or American issues.

Quote:

and I'm done.
Promise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii