Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 04:18 AM

5 posts, read 4,921 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know how this works?

When I was a child, I fell down the stairs and damaged my lower backbone. So all my life I've been living with chronic back pain 24hrs a day, taking pain meds, getting massages from my wife every 2-4hrs. Then I moved to Hawaii and from the videos I watched and from the music I heard, many mentioned about Hawaii being a healing place. When I heard it, I thought it just meant a beautiful place where you can find peace and relax your mind. But then oneday.. My back pain that I had my whole life completely disappeared after waking up from a nap. It also cured my withdrawls from pain meds. Can someone please tell me how it works?!?! I am grateful I'm cured but I am very confused... I've visited so many drs in the past and none of them were able to help me. But now im fixed and no more pain!

anybody else experience anything like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 11:00 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
There are many reasons Hawaii is a healing place ranging from scientific to esoteric. To start with Hawaii has excellent air quality, automatically relieving your body of filtering toxins from smog, crop dusting, zeka dusting, ect. The sea air is full of negative ions. Negative ions clear the air of allergens like pollen and mold and hazardous airborne particles such as bacteria and viruses, and have beneficial effects on your health. The ocean is full of minerals and if you go in it, the minerals soak in thru your skin. The sun provides vitamin D3 essential for health of the body. There is plenty of local grown food for nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables, with organic choices as well. There's plenty of fish, grass fed cattle, free-range chicken, eggs, if you choose a clean diet without added steroids and hormones. Depending on where you live, the water-supply is volcanic rock filtered. Hawaii has numerous healers from esoteric healers who do energy vibration healing, and spiritual healing, to chiropractors, acupuncturists, reiki.
Probably the most important factor to your spontaneous healing was your conscious choice to heal and your willingness. Congrats!

Old 09-10-2016, 12:32 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,908,567 times
Hmmmm Trinity - you did leave out the Vog for crappy air quality and the huge amount of pesticides needed to grow crops in the tropics.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:45 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,572,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Hmmmm Trinity - you did leave out the Vog for crappy air quality and the huge amount of pesticides needed to grow crops in the tropics.
And the,,,, need I say it

Old 09-10-2016, 01:47 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,300,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
And the,,,, need I say it
Cannibals?

Old 09-10-2016, 04:01 PM

Shoot. I forgot the skin cancer and taking a dip in the ocean after a heavy rain might not exactly be a healing touch

Old 09-10-2016, 07:12 PM

10,557 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
.. the huge amount of pesticides needed to grow crops in the tropics.
What crop are you thinking of? I don't believe this is true.

Old 09-10-2016, 08:01 PM

It's the tropics - what does grow without pesticides? We don't have winter so nothing to kill off the bugs. All sorts of tropical nasties. After heavy rain we are warned not to go into the ocean from pesticide runoff.

Hawaii Business Environmental Report: Pesticides | Hawaii Business Magazine

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...pesticides-gmo

http://www.hawaiidoh.org/references/HDOH%202011d.pdf

Breast cancer and pesticides in Hawaii: the need for further study.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3...or-all-islands

Old 09-10-2016, 08:11 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,902,551 times
My wife and I, and all our pets we moved here all are much healthier and we no longer need the meds we needed in Alaska. There are a lot of potential reasons; abundant natural vitamin D, availability of fresh fruits and vegetables, a more active lifestyle trying to raise our own food, absence of certain allergy triggers, the list goes on.

Our dog that we moved over here had an eye disease called pannus. It is usually aggravated by ultraviolet light and even higher altitudes. But we moved to Hawaii which has way more ultraviolet light and we moved from sea level in Alaska to about 850 feet in Hawaii. Her pannus should be worse, but it disappeared within hours of her getting here. Her pannus included very visible deformations on her eyes and they just disappeared. We don't have an explanation but we're not complaining.

There are more esoteric explanations for improved health in Hawaii but I'll leave those to people who understand them better than I do. But for those who like statistics, Hawaii is ranked the #1 healthiest state in the Union according to this study... but we have some of the worst health care in the country: The 10 healthiest and least healthy states in the US | Fox News

Old 09-10-2016, 08:31 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,028,301 times
Maybe it's the humidity and the tradewinds? Or the lack of having to rush around the place all the time? I'm guessing the ocean has a lot to help keep folks healthy. A lot of times, if I'm not feeling well, after a day at the beach, I'll feel a lot better. Between ocean water packed into sinuses and a bit of sun baking, that's generally enough to get rid of a cold.

Yeah, crops mainland style do take tons of chemicals. I used to chat with one of the sprayer guys from the sugar company and he'd tell us about all the different chemicals they used to use. According to him, they banned 'the good stuff' about twenty years ago. He'd also tell about small kid time, the kids would follow the spray truck that was spraying herbicide on the roadside weeds.

I've heard that if you want to go organic with your farm, it's pretty hard if your farm is on old cane land because of the residual pesticides in the soil. And what was that stuff in that well on Oahu? I forget which chemical it was, but they weren't able to use water from that well for quite some time. Out Ewa side, sometime in the late seventies, early eighties. Heptaclor or some such? But, it's been a couple decades now, maybe the pesticides are wearing off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii