Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 03:58 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,277,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
He is right; we are islands in the Pacific; what he didn't say is we are illegally occupied by America at the moment.
You should be thankful that Hawaii is "occupied" by America. Otherwise, Hawaii would probably be "occupied" by Russia or China. Your life would be radically different in very bad ways if you had to suddenly live under communist rule, if they allowed you to live when they took over Hawaii.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:21 PM

1,022 posts, read 739,806 times
Wow jungle jim or john starting a thread with foul language and a racial slur..... the world knows your kind all too well. Those of us that do live in Hawaii seem to only hear that from want-to-be's. If someone asked me where Boston was, I'd probably say "somewhere in the northeast" . Doubt if anyone would be upset about that response. As someone else said, "relax, be kind. Peace out bro.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:36 PM

749 posts, read 852,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
Wow jungle jim or john starting a thread with foul language and a racial slur..... the world knows your kind all too well. Those of us that do live in Hawaii seem to only hear that from want-to-be's. If someone asked me where Boston was, I'd probably say "somewhere in the northeast" . Doubt if anyone would be upset about that response. As someone else said, "relax, be kind. Peace out bro.
^ Agree, well said movedintime.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:32 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,573,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
Those of us that do live in Hawaii seem to only hear that from want-to-be's. Peace out bro.
Sure, I don't live in Hawaii. As far as Sessions and the current administration, I was only pointing out how ignorant most people are in regards to Hawaii.

I'll have to get over there one of these days

And, if you hadn't lived in Hawaii for as long as I haven't lived in Hawaii, you'd probably get a little ticked off that the Attorney General of the United States, who is, theoretically, the Top Dog, doesn't know how the judicial system works to begin with, and refers to the place that a few folks call home, as "Some Island in the middle of the Pacific', like it's of no consequence what so ever.

Last edited by Jungjohann; 04-23-2017 at 08:05 PM..

Old 04-24-2017, 12:51 AM

941 posts, read 1,967,193 times
It's really a given that the current federal executive cabinet is the bottom of the class. A bunch of bullies and bro's [sic] and dimwits. They are essentially trolling this country.

That said, I find it hard to get upset over this "islands" thing. I don't really want Hawaii to be in the spotlight or get recognition, cause that'll just mean more stryker brigades, depleted uranium, and obsolete Ospreys.

I know whenever I get the chance to fill out a form online (but not when ordering from Amazon, obviously), I look for the choice and enter my "state" as "US Minor Outlying Islands" (sorry Wake, Palmyra, and Kingman Reef).

Edited to add: you can bet that N.Korea knows where Hawaii is. I guess I like some of that military hardware after all, but only the THAAD. I just hope that PMRF remembered to turn the switch from "test" to "ready."

Last edited by KauaiHiker; 04-24-2017 at 01:58 AM..

Old 04-25-2017, 12:44 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
"Dog whistle politics"-that's a good description of Sessions' thinly veiled insult of the judge's residence and ethnicity.

It's a crass error to suggest that a judges' conscience be guided by economic considerations.

Aloha Blind - you forgot to turn on your sarcasm font.

Mahalo
Hoot

Old 07-14-2017, 06:53 PM

361 posts, read 398,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
idk... kinda off topic, but I think Hawaii politicians (and judge) for grandstanding and slamming all of trumps policies. I mean if you want to stop the travel ban, fine. But let some other D state like california do it first, then follow along. But don't proudly announce that you're the first one out the gates to stop the ban.

Hawaii is super dependent on govt funding, and trump holds the keys to the coffers. never mind the fact that he's already looking to make huge cuts to most social programs. Proudly poking a crazy old bear with a stick is probably not the smartest thing for Hawaii to be doing. Especially when the republicans own both the house and senate, the presidency, and the supreme court. just my .02
So right on the ball, rya!

I wish you would write a letter to that dumb attorney general, doug chinchin, to stop wasting Hawaii's taxpayers' money on frivolous/useless lawsuits against this immigration ban. He himself should be acting more for the people of Hawaii. Not Syrians and other muslims who don't even make up a good % of the population in Hawaii.

I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Old 07-16-2017, 04:12 AM

144 posts, read 103,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunAndRain808 View Post
So right on the ball, rya!
I wish you would write a letter to that dumb attorney general, doug chinchin, to stop wasting Hawaii's taxpayers' money on frivolous/useless lawsuits against this immigration ban. He himself should be acting more for the people of Hawaii. Not Syrians and other muslims who don't even make up a good % of the population in Hawaii.

I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Sigh.... When I see statements like that I realize that the terrorists have won. We've become so scared of them that we voted in a supposed strongman who wants to protect us with travel bans and walls. But what we actually got was a carnival barker who is only "protecting" us from victims of war who are just trying to get their families to a safer place.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:40 PM

361 posts, read 398,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComoAmero View Post
Sigh.... When I see statements like that I realize that the terrorists have won. We've become so scared of them that we voted in a supposed strongman who wants to protect us with travel bans and walls. But what we actually got was a carnival barker who is only "protecting" us from victims of war who are just trying to get their families to a safer place.
Hey como, have you even lived on the mainland?

I have, and I still live here, and I have lived in various different states throughout the continental mainland.

Yes, we need a wall, or stronger measures to guard the US against illegal (yes, they're illegal) immigrants from mexico and central America.

While some of them are hardworking, there are others who come to the US to murder innocent citizens, refuse to assimilate into the US culture, refuse to speak English, and also drive vehicles without auto insurance. It is a pain the neck, and while I'm not a huge Trump fan, I am glad that at least there is a politician who is willing to take the strong stance against illegal immigrants getting handouts here in the US.

If you look at European nations, there are a lot of Muslim immigrants who have moved there and are messing up the communities there. You even hear stories of Muslim immigrant males raping women in places like Norway, Sweden and Germany. There have also been many muslim-sympathizers living in places like France and England who have carried out terror attacks against citizens. I think it's time to take a strong stance against these kind of people who want to cause harm to innocent citizens.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:44 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,513 times
We need the wall. The wall will reduce the drug traffic that is so rampant the heroin problem in the states has boomed. No more sale in weed due to bulky and legalized more and more. Have you ever seen a film of people coming from Mexico via the Rio Grande? Just floating across with their large bundles (and they aren't suitcases)...I mean who's going to stop them? You had better believe the drug guys got guns...oh yea, we gave them the guns in Fast and Furious...Go Eric Holder and Obama.

Rest in peace Brian Terry...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii