Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 01:23 AM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,142,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijax View Post
I know that sleepy town well. I grew up in the So. Lake Tahoe area before moving down to Nevada City. Eventually to Sacramento when I entered high school. Auburn isn't too sleepy anymore. A lot of growth up the 80 corridor over the last 10 years.

So when did you make the move to Hawaii?
We moved over 3 years ago. Loved Auburn, but all of Northern California is on a tear growth wise, and we got to a point where we wanted something different and much slower for our family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Cam View Post
Auburn has the only Fosters Freeze in any reasonable direction from Sac. We stop by there every time we're in the area. French fries dipped in chocolate shake - yum!
We do miss Foster's Freeze and stop by every time were back on the mainland. Perhaps you were around long enough to remember the one in Grass Valley too?
But we have happily traded shave ice for ice cream.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:31 AM

6,385 posts, read 4,762,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassyknoll View Post
We do miss Foster's Freeze and stop by every time were back on the mainland. Perhaps you were around long enough to remember the one in Grass Valley too?
I miss In-N-Out. It's my go-to as soon as I get off of a flight at LAX. Haven't been to a Foster's Freeze in 10-20 years. Am I missing something?

Old 07-01-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I miss In-N-Out. It's my go-to as soon as I get off of a flight at LAX. Haven't been to a Foster's Freeze in 10-20 years. Am I missing something?
NH, FF isn't particularly good, for me just a touchstone to my youth.

Old 07-04-2017, 01:59 AM

268 posts, read 378,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassyknoll View Post
I don't remember the one in Grass Valley, but I didn't grow up in this region. Spent high school years in Salinas. We had a FF across the street (still there). Go there whenever I'm in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Love In-N-Out! FF, as mentioned, more of a blast from the past experience, but the milkshakes are good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii