Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2017, 06:21 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,238,686 times

Advertisements

I personally think Hawaii's government should send all the homeless to the mainland.

Or send them all to Nihoa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihoa

Last edited by YoungTraveler2011; 08-23-2017 at 06:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 12:27 AM

783 posts, read 572,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post

I personally think Hawaii's government should send all the homeless to the mainland.

Why would they send the homeless to the continental U.S.? And how do you propose to do that, exactly? Just buy them plane tickets to random cities?

There's obviously a draw on Hawaii's part. So whatever that is needs to be addressed. But other states aren't shipping homeless people there. They also have their own homeless populations, some of which are WAY worse than what Hawaii is dealing with.

Last edited by anonimuso; 08-24-2017 at 12:37 AM..

Old 08-24-2017, 03:07 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,216,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post

Haoles back to whatever bunghole town they came from on the Mainland..
Native Hawaiians to Nihoa..sounds good too.
But it looks like in these homeless camps ...the main source of transport is Shopping carts stolen from Costco, Safeway, etc.
They would have to include the carts in the round up and shipment.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:45 AM

34 posts, read 36,187 times
I'm leaving next month, booked my ticket to come there and be homeless. Well I prefer homefree. Takin it easy like Sunday morning. Roamer, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will. Where I lay my head is home. I'll guerilla hammock in dense pockets of state land, private land, YOUR back yard even.... like a Detroit dude an a thief in the night. Hawaiian guys all mad n butthurt you have to share the earth. In a FREE country. A bad day in HI is better than a good day in Michigan.I need a change. A drastic change. It's certainly the best choice for the US. Don't need a passport. See you guys soon. I'll be the good looking white guy on the north share w some Hawian girls holding my pockets.

Old 08-26-2017, 05:24 PM

268 posts, read 379,681 times
This guy has posted the same... blather... on other Hawaii specific forums. He is a troll, trying to get reactions. Learn more about it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

An expert reveals strategies for dealing with trolls - Business Insider

Most Importantly;

"If internet trolling is a real problem, what can we do about it? Most readers and writers of online publications know the first rule of dealing with uncivil commenters – don’t feed the trolls."

Don't reply or give any attention to it and it will eventually go away. Unfortunately on another forum he is being fed. Resist the temptation to comment!

Old 08-26-2017, 05:34 PM

749 posts, read 847,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Cam View Post
This guy has posted the same... blather... on other Hawaii specific forums. He is a troll, trying to get reactions. Learn more about it:

Don't reply or give any attention to it and it will eventually go away. Unfortunately on another forum he is being fed. Resist the temptation to comment!
You mean like you did???

Old 08-27-2017, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdr22 View Post
You mean like you did???
got to admit, he is touching a few nerves here..but he's just having some fun with some 'mighty tighty whities' here..
I for one actually enjoy his posts.

I also think he is a doppelgänger.. his posting style seems kind of familar to another 'young' guy that likes to keep the pot stirring here. lol.

Old 08-27-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Cam View Post

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

An expert reveals strategies for dealing with trolls - Business Insider

Most Importantly;

"If internet trolling is a real problem, what can we do about it? Most readers and writers of online publications know the first rule of dealing with uncivil commenters – don’t feed the trolls."

I think you need to chill...posting in Red? my, my, don't get your undies in a bunch..relax, sit back and smell the Kona coffee and plumeria.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:27 AM

10,458 posts, read 7,576,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
I also think he is a doppelgänger.. his posting style seems kind of familar to another 'young' guy that likes to keep the pot stirring here. lol.

Nah, just a doppe who has previously read through the forum a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii