Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 01:23 PM

361 posts, read 396,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post

Honestly, you sound just as paranoid as my paranoid schizophrenic clients. And even THEY don't feel the need to use a gun, and most of them swear everyone's after them.
Dude, how the hell am I paranoid? I am just talking about possible scenarios when visiting Hawaii. And I have lived in Hawaii in the past, and there were many instances where I have witnessed mokes getting out of their welfare-funded trucks to assault another driver.

Quote:

Also, consider the fact that Kekoa probably has a lot of cousins, uncles, aunts, kids, etc. that would love to have a piece of you. One gun ain't gonna stop someone from clocking you on the back of your head, knocking you down, and beating you to a pulp before you can say "coward".
^^ From a very "educated" social worker working in Hawaii. LOL! YOu must have received your "prestigious" social worker degree from WCC or LCC. LOL!

Old 11-13-2017, 07:25 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,191,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
Sounds like he's a transplant from some low IQ place in the US. Complaining about "Hippie" posters and "local mokes" looking to kick his ass. Seattle and Hawaii deserve better.
Seattle is a garbage dump with among the highest property crime rates in the country and an increasing violent crime issue as the drug problems there and homeless multiply exponentially, local media there refuses to cover it because homeless junkies are the darling of the “Emerald shi...err... city”

Old 11-14-2017, 08:39 PM

4,392 posts, read 4,844,367 times
I've been staying out of this sandbox because, in my opinion, most people don't have a firm grasp of the 2nd amendment or why the founding fathers thought it was important, but to answer the OP's question, Hawaii essentially does not allow for concealed carry under any circumstance. There is a law that allows the police chief to grant a concealed permit after an application process under extremely limited circumstances, however I'm not aware of any instance where the permit was actually granted.

Hawaii does not recognize, and has no reciprocity agreements with, any of the other 49 states regarding CCW.

So to answer to OP's question without a bunch of nonsense debates: The answer is NO. Your CCW permit isn't valid here, and you cannot carry any concealed weapons. This doesn't just apply to handguns. Depending on the island, collapsible batons, various knives, and many other various means of self protection are considered illegal weapons.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:30 PM

5,531 posts, read 12,624,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
i've been staying out of this sandbox because, in my opinion, most people don't have a firm grasp of the 2nd amendment or why the founding fathers thought it was important, but to answer the op's question, hawaii essentially does not allow for concealed carry under any circumstance. There is a law that allows the police chief to grant a concealed permit after an application process under extremely limited circumstances, however i'm not aware of any instance where the permit was actually granted.

Hawaii does not recognize, and has no reciprocity agreements with, any of the other 49 states regarding ccw.

So to answer to op's question without a bunch of nonsense debates: The answer is no. Your ccw permit isn't valid here, and you cannot carry any concealed weapons. This doesn't just apply to handguns. Depending on the island, collapsible batons, various knives, and many other various means of self protection are considered illegal weapons.
thank you!

Old 11-14-2017, 10:28 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,555,630 times
I always CCS.. Keep it out of sight, but use it ALL THE TIME... Not to be over rosy about Hawaii, but it works for me. That and knowing a number of the larger ohana's over here.

The Shaka- History of the Hawaiian "Hang Loose".

Old 11-15-2017, 12:34 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,583,582 times
Whatever works for you there, good for you. Whatever works here works here. No like it, stay there. Put your bullets wherever they fit best.

Old 11-18-2017, 04:54 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,555,630 times
Make sure you follow this guys lead when carrying;
Man Discussing Church Shootings Accidentally Shoots Wife in Church

Another 'feel good' gun story. And he has God on his side

Okolemaluna

Old 11-18-2017, 06:31 AM

21,675 posts, read 16,211,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Make sure you follow this guys lead when carrying;
Man Discussing Church Shootings Accidentally Shoots Wife in Church

Another 'feel good' gun story. And he has God on his side

Okolemaluna
Now, if you understood gun rights reasoning, you'd have explained how if everyone concealed carried, no one would be pulling their guns out for show and tell and these little "accidents" wouldn't then happen ... two sides to every story, you know? The proven statistical facts - that more guns carried = more gun violence (intentional and accidental, both) - umm, be damned.

... waiting for the next volley ... time to reload ...

Old 11-19-2017, 10:33 PM

834 posts, read 1,213,208 times
The 2nd Amendment is not for self protection: It's to fight off an overreaching government.

Now when written at the time, it was muskets against muskets. But for getting a chance today to fight on equal terms against an overreaching government wouldn't we the people need tanks, bazookas, and nuclear weapons?

So let's do it and allow for each and every person to arm themselves as they please: Rocket launchers, artillery, hand grenades, surface-to-air missiles...you name it.

Fight for this insane logic all the way to the Supreme Court and see this equally insane 2nd Amendment rightfully crumble.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:21 AM

34,179 posts, read 18,487,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
The 2nd Amendment is not for self protection: It's to fight off an overreaching government.

Now when written at the time, it was muskets against muskets. But for getting a chance today to fight on equal terms against an overreaching government wouldn't we the people need tanks, bazookas, and nuclear weapons?

So let's do it and allow for each and every person to arm themselves as they please: Rocket launchers, artillery, hand grenades, surface-to-air missiles...you name it.

Fight for this insane logic all the way to the Supreme Court and see this equally insane 2nd Amendment rightfully crumble.
It already went to the Supreme Court, and the 2nd Amendment was affirmed as an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT. Furthermore, Government does NOT grant us RIGHTS. The right of self defense is a Natural Right we have as human beings. It is only specifically indicated it shall not be infringed in the Constitution. Muskets have nothing to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: