Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 06:25 PM

4,481 posts, read 4,537,360 times

Advertisements

Ian Lee...I hope you're not attacking Austin and Texas because of something I said about Honolulu or Hawaii. I wasn't attacking Hawaii or Honolulu. I never said I wouldn't like the place. I'd love to go a spend a month or so there every year or two. I only said I wouldn't want to live in Hawaii because I think I would soon begin to feel claustraphobic. That's not being insulting or disrespectful to Hawaii or Honolulu. That's my problem if I'm claustraphobic. I don't think I would be bored in Hawaii. A person who is easily bored would be bored no matter where they live....Ivory Lee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 06:47 PM

671 posts, read 442,442 times
They don't call it island fever for nothing, ya know.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:03 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,132,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Ian Lee...I hope you're not attacking Austin and Texas because of something I said about Honolulu or Hawaii. I wasn't attacking Hawaii or Honolulu. I never said I wouldn't like the place. I'd love to go a spend a month or so there every year or two. I only said I wouldn't want to live in Hawaii because I think I would soon begin to feel claustraphobic. That's not being insulting or disrespectful to Hawaii or Honolulu. That's my problem if I'm claustraphobic. I don't think I would be bored in Hawaii. A person who is easily bored would be bored no matter where they live....Ivory Lee
I am not attacking Texas. In fact, I am quite grateful for the education that the State provided. It charged foreign students $14/credit but out-of-state students $40/credit in the '70s.

I have traversed Texas from East to West and from South to North a couple of times. The landscape is dull. I recalled that there is only one National Park in Texas -- the Big Bend.

The only thing I really missed about Texas is the meat -- Texas style BBQ.

But I didn't feel claustrophobic in Honolulu. In a 10-minute $15 Uber ride I can get to the airport and fly direct to DC, NYC, Dallas, Chicago, Seattle, Vegas, LA, SF, Anchorage, Vancouver, Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul, Beijing, Sydney, Auckland,.....etc. How long would it take you to get to the Miami airport if you live in Key West where you prefer?

Likely I will feel claustrophobic if I live in Key West.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:30 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,537,372 times
Evidently I'm bored, right now..

Old 12-29-2017, 12:46 PM

163 posts, read 266,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
He's probably saying your opinion isn't very relevant.
First off, I'm a woman, as was Enyo. Secondly, don't speak for me.

Ivory Lee Spurlock, I didn't ask you to validate your opinion so I'm not sure why you typed what you did. And through all that, you still didn't answer my question. This website is mainly geared towards people who wish to relocate. According to your post history, you're not even planning a trip here, so I'm wondering why you're hanging out in a forum dedicated to a state you'd never live in.

If you don't want to answer, then just tell me it's none of my business (because it isn't). I'm a big girl. I can take it.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:10 PM

671 posts, read 442,442 times
I hang out in this forum because I miss Hawaii.

Just sayin'. Others may do the same thing for the same reason.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:51 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,484,292 times
I'm not sure "bored" is the right word for me. I lived in Hawai'i for a decade and loved so many things about it-- mainly the people and the community. I didn't get "bored," per se, but it did get "old" for me. I missed road tripping and didn't like the fact that I had to fly (or swim- haha) to get to a bigger city (I lived on a neighbor island), to get to go to some of the stores and restaurants I would have liked, and that you could only road trip in two directions-- around the north way or around the south way. I did get "island fever" from time to time. I wasn't any more bored than I am living in other places, but I did miss some of the things I couldn't do. Now, of course, I miss some of the things I could do in Hawai'i that I can't do here.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:06 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,741,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post

Ivory Lee Spurlock, I didn't ask you to validate your opinion so I'm not sure why you typed what you did. And through all that, you still didn't answer my question. This website is mainly geared towards people who wish to relocate. According to your post history, you're not even planning a trip here, so I'm wondering why you're hanging out in a forum dedicated to a state you'd never live in.
Isn't that just a long winded - the post wasn't relevant

Old 12-29-2017, 04:59 PM

19 posts, read 21,065 times
Plenty of people here too busy to be bored working 2 jobs to survive.

Old 12-29-2017, 05:07 PM

163 posts, read 266,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
I hang out in this forum because I miss Hawaii.

Just sayin'. Others may do the same thing for the same reason.
The person I was addressing has never been here, would never live here, and has no plans to come here going by their post history. I think my curiosity as to why they are here in the first place is warranted. It could have been answered with a basic sentence like you just did, but I got everything except that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii