Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 01:56 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,571,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
So, what were we talking about?
Whether or not boredom is more expensive in Hawaii as opposed to that 'other place'. I would think that the cost of having boredom shipped all the way to Hawaii would naturally tend to make it more expensive. And, of course, there is always the type of boredom involved. If we're talking normal, 'I can't watch another second of Fox News' type boredom one could more than likely safely assume that it would be pretty cheap boredom. However, if the boredom is more of a ' I'm so bored of jumping out of my Zeppelin into cannibal infested waters off the coast of Waimanalo after shooting clay pigeons all day' then the extra shipping costs would be the least of your problems.

Hope this clears matters up

Does COSTYA carry boredom?????

Maybe behind the Creamed SPAM Lite display??

'It's oooh soooo light! It's ooooh sooo creamy!!! New Creamed SPAM Lite. Available in smooooth, chunky, extra chunky, and, for those of you who dare, Extra Funky Chunky!! SPAM Extra Funky Chunky, always on sale, in partially opened cans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 11:23 AM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,163,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Whether or not boredom is more expensive in Hawaii as opposed to that 'other place'. I would think that the cost of having boredom shipped all the way to Hawaii would naturally tend to make it more expensive. And, of course, there is always the type of boredom involved. If we're talking normal, 'I can't watch another second of Fox News' type boredom one could more than likely safely assume that it would be pretty cheap boredom. However, if the boredom is more of a ' I'm so bored of jumping out of my Zeppelin into cannibal infested waters off the coast of Waimanalo after shooting clay pigeons all day' then the extra shipping costs would be the least of your problems.

Hope this clears matters up

Does COSTYA carry boredom?????

Maybe behind the Creamed SPAM Lite display??

'It's oooh soooo light! It's ooooh sooo creamy!!! New Creamed SPAM Lite. Available in smooooth, chunky, extra chunky, and, for those of you who dare, Extra Funky Chunky!! SPAM Extra Funky Chunky, always on sale, in partially opened cans
When boredom sets in, it appears there is always the remedy of a little pokalolo......

Old 12-31-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassyknoll View Post
When boredom sets in, it appears there is always the remedy of a little pokalolo......
'Night madness?' I doubt it, I'm just a little kapakahi i ka po'o. Works for me.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:45 PM

36 posts, read 43,026 times
As somebody who has lived here for 10 months I do miss mainland. Specially if you lived in Los Angeles which is basically continent in itself...

Old 01-07-2018, 12:05 AM

310 posts, read 446,754 times
I’d rather be bored on a beach under a palm tree, rather than being bored stuck inside while it’s rainy and windy in the Pacific Northwest

Old 01-08-2018, 02:10 PM

280 posts, read 473,177 times
Checking in, its' been a while since i was active in the HI and my is the grass greener on maui thread.

Boredom is a mindset. With transients coming/going on maui, don't exepct friendships to typically last a long time if you yourself are only a temporary resident.

Think of what would make you bored in your life now, would you be bored if you couldn't do that on Maui? What would you do instead?

For us, we didn't get bored but we travelled to the other islands, made a point to be social even if it was outside our comfort zone. This allowed us to get invited to things, like swimming in the pool, or going on a hike, or a dinner reservation, or a whale watching trip.

You are limited in the consumables on maui, consuming sporting events is different, but it can be consumed. They have the Pro Bowl, local sports and of course the bar to watch the game.

My advice if you are bored, embrace the territory and people around you and have an open mind. Don't shut things out or be negative.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui-intoxicated View Post

You are limited in the consumables on maui, consuming sporting events is different, but it can be consumed. They have the Pro Bowl, local sports and of course the bar to watch the game.

My advice if you are bored, embrace the territory and people around you and have an open mind. Don't shut things out or be negative.
The Pro Bowl is now played in Flattida. If you want boring geography, give Flattida a try.

Flat, flatter, flattest, with some sub-flat.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:01 PM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,163,270 times
"Do you get bored?"..... no, but our Kona Coffee does! A little CBB humor for the locals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii