Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2022, 01:41 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Not some - a lot - although business is booming in the San Francisco Bay Area.

The controversy isn't so much as anti-gay - the company is against same sex marriage.
And then, not even the company, but one of the company executives expressing his personal opinion on SSM. Some people got upset that the company made donations to certain faith-based organizations, but I think even that's stopped. Like you mentioned, the company is doing extremely well in all parts of the country. They have some of the best customer service I've seen in the game, which does go a long way even for a fast food joint IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2022, 02:04 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
And then, not even the company, but one of the company executives expressing his personal opinion on SSM.
Although - I can make a case that when a company President states a public opinion it isn't much different than the company culture. It isn't like the President saying I don't believe in same sex marriage and then the Chief Marketing Officer starts campaigning for the company with Same Sex Marriage promotions or advertising. It won't happen. Whether or not one agrees with his position - I'll give him credit for stating it - for me, it is not a deal breaker. For some, it is.

The stores closed on Sundays (even the one where the Atlanta Falcons play) is another example of the company culture not really giving a day off because they believe in a day off - it is all around the faith thing.

With that said - when in Vegas, I make a Chick fil A pit stop

Old 10-07-2022, 02:20 AM

I was browsing through the Makiki-Tantalus Neighborhood Board meeting minutes and see that the Beretania location is still scheduled to open by end of the year (December timeframe).

Quote:
Planned Chick-Fil-A location on S. Beretania, Concerns Relating to Traffic: Chuck Lee announced that he received the following updates from Jonathan Keith, the Chick-Fil-A Public Affairs Officer. The Beretania Street Chick-Fil-A franchisee, Zane, was unable to attend tonight’s meeting but intends on attending this board’s September 2022 meeting. This week the construction crew began pouring concrete for the driveway and constructing the interior framing. They are still tentatively scheduled to open this location by the end of December 2022. Zane continues to meet with community members, and the City and County of Honolulu to prepare for the anticipated grand opening traffic.

Questions, comments, and concerns followed.
1. Free Meals: Mitchell commented that Chick-Fil-A typically rewards their first 100 customers with free meals for a year and raised concerns regarding homeless individuals camping out at/near the location to receive the free meals. Lee responded that he will relay the concern to Zane.
2. Traffic Study: Fujinaka raised concerns with the anticipated traffic and how it may reduce the four (4) lane roadway to two (2) lanes due to McDonalds and the soon-to-be Chick-Fil-A. Lee responded that he will relay the concern to Zane.
https://www.honolulu.gov/cms-nco-men...t-minutes.html

I posted the questions/comments, and concerns that followed as I thought point one was particularly entertaining.

Old 10-08-2022, 12:46 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,558,876 times
Gave the drive thru here on Maui a try. The staff was very friendly. Got the Cobb Salad for ten bucks, I thought it was worth it. The greens were fresh, with two kinds of cheeses, crumbled bacon, sliced hard-boiled egg and grape tomatoes. And, the crispy chicken nuggets were great! Of course, I probably should have got the grilled nuggets in order to be more health conscious. Next time....

Old 10-17-2022, 04:46 PM

Ala Moana location opens Thursday, Oct 20th

Old 10-18-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Ala Moana location opens Thursday, Oct 20th
I'm halfway tempted to try to be one of the first 100 in line for my year's worth of free meals

Old 10-18-2022, 04:57 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,471 times
Quote:
I'm halfway tempted to try to be one of the first 100 in line for my year's worth of free meals
Get in line early. Good Luck!

Old 11-06-2022, 01:05 AM

I've been to the Ala Moana location twice so far, to include just tonight. I almost feel bad for the other restaurants in that food court as Chick-fil-a is completely dominating them. Seriously, not only are the lines still insanely long, but 90% of the tables seem to be occupied by people eating from the chain.

I've talked to some locals who feel like the "Chick-fil-a hype" (as they call it) is similar to other openings on the island and will die down. While I don't expect lines out the door forever, my experience with Chick-fil-a on the mainland tells me that the crowds will continue to be impressive for years after the opening.

Old 11-06-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:

I've talked to some locals who feel like the "Chick-fil-a hype" (as they call it) is similar to other openings on the island and will die down. While I don't expect lines out the door forever, my experience with Chick-fil-a on the mainland tells me that the crowds will continue to be impressive for years after the opening.
Those lines won't decrease anytime soon - all one has to do is go to a Chick on the mainland to see how strong the business is running (as well as In-N-Out Burger)

Old 11-06-2022, 02:36 PM

3,198 posts, read 1,665,647 times
I'll take Poke bowl over Chick Fil A any day. There is absolutely nothing special about CFA's chicken sandwich or waffle fries. Every fast food place has a chicken sandwich, it's really who adds more hidden MSG to their seasoning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii